!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Future plans  (Read 20363 times)

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: Future plans
« Reply #420 on: September 23, 2019, 01:58:27 PM »
Yes, fair comment. Still are fairly common south of the river! I quite like them, although I'm not sure I could justify one!

Offline Western Exile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23198
    • Awards
« Reply #421 on: October 06, 2019, 05:44:09 PM »
I’ve been away from this forum for a little while and so I have only just discovered this thread. I would like to add my voice to those championing the cause of the PBA china clay wagons for the following reasons:

1) They were used in block trains, as part of Speedlink trains or in short trip workings in Devon, Cornwall and on the Southern region.
2) Three main livery options; original ECC white, ECC blue and ECC/Tiphook blue
3) Wide operating area; from the south and south west of England, through the West Midlands to Stoke-on-Trent and all the way along the WCML to Scotland (at least as far as Mossend) and, for several years, to the train ferry at Dover and the Channel Tunnel
4) They are a great looking wagon.
5) They have been produced in OO so they have been considered to be commercially viable
6) They have definitely been hauled by the following classes: 08, 20, 31, 33, 37, 40, 45, 47, 50, 56, 58, 60 and 86, almost certainly by classes 81, 85, 87 and 90, and probably by a few others too.
7) Often seen in trains along with Revolution's IZA Cargowaggon twins, Dapol's “silver bullets” and Cargowaggons, and many other currently available wagon types

Of the other realistic suggestions made, I would add my support to the Shark plough van, VIX and OTA types. And did anyone suggest a YOB Plasser 12t crane, an OO Version of which Hatton's are doing?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 01:18:50 PM by Western Exile, Reason: Accuracy »
(not Dr.) Al

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #422 on: October 06, 2019, 05:45:55 PM »
also seen around stoke on trent / etruria area

Offline RailGooner

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #423 on: October 06, 2019, 05:52:01 PM »
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Western Exile

• N Gauge Society Number: 23198
    • Awards
« Reply #424 on: October 06, 2019, 05:56:30 PM »
also seen around stoke on trent / etruria area

Indeed; the St.Blazey to Cliffe Vale working was formed exclusively (and later predominantly) of these wagons.
(not Dr.) Al

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #426 on: October 06, 2019, 07:21:00 PM »
They are decent looking wagons, but only four left in 2010, and all scrapped soon after that, so I don't think I could justify them.  :hmmm:

Online mickd247

• Awards
« Reply #427 on: November 07, 2019, 09:47:28 AM »
Ben, Mike and Arran

My suggestion for the next joint venture between RevolutioN and C=Rail as one of the main missing links in the present container scenery being  20ft and/or 40ft "Reefer" containers.

Used by all the main shipping lines into and out of the UK so plenty of livery options available.

Should be reasonably easy for C=Rail to apply the shrink ray to their 4mm versions as they are basically smooth sided containers with a recess and some gubbins in the end furthest from the doors.

Apologies if these have already been suggested, didn't want to wade through 28 pages to find out.

:beers:

Mick

Sorry 29 pages!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 09:49:18 AM by mickd247 »

Offline Stuart Allen

• N Gauge Society Number: 27793
    • Awards
« Reply #428 on: November 07, 2019, 11:59:28 AM »
Kernow models own the tooling and design for OO PBA's, i would have thought they would be your best bet, as they're part way down the road already.

I contacted Kernow ans asked the question (I mistakenly said I thought they owned the rights to the model, when I should have said the tooling)....  Reply below:

"I don't believe you can have rights to a model (unless it carries a specific livery which you need a licence to reproduce, such as 'Freightliner' or 'London Transport' for example).
We certainly have the drawings and CAD designs plus the tooling to make the model in OO, but to the best of my knowledge, there is nothing stopping anyone else making it if they want to in OO, or N or even O gauge.
Whether there would be a big enough market to make the model in N exclusively through us, I would not be sure about, although I expect they would go well as a general release.
At present though, we don't have plans to make any at the moment, but never say never......
Regards,
Greg "

Offline jamespetts

• Kittens and cake
    • Peertube videos
    • Awards
« Reply #429 on: November 23, 2019, 11:03:15 PM »
Some pictures of the splendid GWR 56xx on the stand this afternoon at Warley:

RevolutioN Trains GWR 56xx by James Petts, on Flickr

RevolutioN Trains GWR 56xx by James Petts, on Flickr

I also had an interesting discussion with the chap at the stand about the possibility in future of a class 117 DMU in N gauge. He stated that he thought that one would sell, but was wary of the possibility of Bachmann/Farish launching one as they have a policy of producing models in multiple gauges; however, he said that a class 117 would be seriously considered if nothing had been heard on the matter from Bachmann by this time next year.

I had also spoken to Andy from Dapol about the possibility of a class 117 DMU - he indicated that there were no current plans for this, but it was something that would be considered in the future. He stated that he was somewhat cautious in relation to N gauge at present, as models in this scale did not seem to be selling well at present; he stated that he was not sure whether the market was saturated or whether Dapol had just picked the wrong models, but that even what is considered a successful model - the class 50 - still has units left in the warehouse.

I asked a chap from the Bachmann stand about an N gauge class 117, to which he replied, "I don't know about that".
Peertube > Youtube

Offline Bob G

• N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #430 on: November 23, 2019, 11:07:17 PM »
I'm just about to cut and shut a load of 121s into a 117, so its about time someone did say they were gong to make one :)

HTH
Bob

Offline honestjudge

• N Gauge Society Number: 16285
    • Awards
« Reply #431 on: January 17, 2020, 06:09:30 PM »
A J15 would be a useful loco .

Offline Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #432 on: January 17, 2020, 06:17:16 PM »
Totally flippant, totally selfish and not a great use of this thread, so sorry....

But can’t you guys do some 59s???

I know a certain manufacture called “dibs” years back, but I am building suitable wagons AND now I see some more for sale (hens dentures they are) AND the only reason I have no money is cos I bought a Poppylino (so it’s sort of your fault)...

Oh go on go on  :angel:

Skyline2uk

(Like I said, totally flippant etc etc)

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #433 on: January 17, 2020, 10:42:55 PM »
Hear hear.

Hanson and DB please. ;)

Offline Aire Valley

• Awards
« Reply #434 on: January 18, 2020, 11:45:47 AM »
I would like to see some additions to the Era 7/8 range.

SSA
TTA (acetic acid)
TTA (bitumen)
TEA (fuel oil)
Class 143/144

SSA - No RTR scrap wagon has ever been available on the 2mm market. The type was widely seen across the network in both feeder services of just a few wagons and block trains of 25+. Two liveries I remember seeing were the blue with yellow ends and SR lettering on the side, then later in EWS.

TTA (acetic acid) - Operated for a long time between Hull - Baglan Bay, Mostyn, Spondon. Rakes varied between 25+ and 8ish, depending on the service.

TTA (bitumen) - These were brilliant! Black with two variations of coned ends and always absolutely filthy. Operated for a long time between locations such as LLandarcy - Grain/Thameshaven, Fawley - Tavistock/Bromford Bridge, Lindsey - Ashton/Brownhills/Glazebrook. Rakes varied between just a few and 25+, depending on the service.

TEA (bogie fuel oil) - Black with coned ends. Operated between Cardiff Tidal - Aberthaw/Didcot/St.Helens/Northwich/Ironbridge, Llandarcy - Llanwern, Thameshaven - Didcot/Kilnhurst/Rugeley, Lindsey - Drax/Eggborough/Cottom/West Burton/Preston Docks. Usually seen in rakes of 9/10.

I would also suggest an HEA but hoping Farish will retool theirs like some of their other wagons.

Tim
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 01:28:24 PM by Aire Valley »

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal