!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Future plans  (Read 13285 times)

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: Future plans
« Reply #420 on: September 23, 2019, 01:58:27 PM »
Yes, fair comment. Still are fairly common south of the river! I quite like them, although I'm not sure I could justify one!

Offline Western Exile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23198
    • Awards
« Reply #421 on: October 06, 2019, 05:44:09 PM »
I’ve been away from this forum for a little while and so I have only just discovered this thread. I would like to add my voice to those championing the cause of the PBA china clay wagons for the following reasons:

1) They were used in block trains, as part of Speedlink trains or in short trip workings in Devon, Cornwall and on the Southern region.
2) Three main livery options; original ECC white, ECC blue and ECC/Tiphook blue
3) Wide operating area; from the south and south west of England, through the West Midlands to Stoke-on-Trent and all the way along the WCML to Scotland (at least as far as Mossend) and, for several years, to the train ferry at Dover and the Channel Tunnel
4) They are a great looking wagon.
5) They have been produced in OO so they have been considered to be commercially viable
6) They have definitely been hauled by the following classes: 08, 20, 31, 33, 37, 40, 45, 47, 50, 56, 58, 60 and 86, almost certainly by classes 81, 85, 87 and 90, and probably by a few others too.
7) Often seen in trains along with Revolution's IZA Cargowaggon twins, Dapol's “silver bullets” and Cargowaggons, and many other currently available wagon types

Of the other realistic suggestions made, I would add my support to the Shark plough van, VIX and OTA types. And did anyone suggest a YOB Plasser 12t crane, an OO Version of which Hatton's are doing?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 01:18:50 PM by Western Exile, Reason: Accuracy »

Offline crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #422 on: October 06, 2019, 05:45:55 PM »
also seen around stoke on trent / etruria area

Offline RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #423 on: October 06, 2019, 05:52:01 PM »
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Western Exile

• N Gauge Society Number: 23198
    • Awards
« Reply #424 on: October 06, 2019, 05:56:30 PM »
also seen around stoke on trent / etruria area

Indeed; the St.Blazey to Cliffe Vale working was formed exclusively (and later predominantly) of these wagons.

Offline crewearpley40

• Awards

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #426 on: October 06, 2019, 07:21:00 PM »
They are decent looking wagons, but only four left in 2010, and all scrapped soon after that, so I don't think I could justify them.  :hmmm:

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £74.00
Below Goal: £26.00
Site Currency: GBP
74% 
October Donations

Advertise Here