!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Future plans  (Read 13140 times)

Offline Stevie DC

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Future plans
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2019, 03:54:18 PM »
K Class Pullmans have certainly grabbed my attention as I would need seven for a 1930's "Queen of Scots" rake. It would be nice to be able to support Revolution with something other than praise and best wishes. :)

I also agree with tcox94, most steam locomotives please.  :NGaugersRule:

Offline zwilnik

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19730
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2019, 03:59:00 PM »
I like the idea of the Class A tanks to go with my Class Bs. The older style Pullmans too.

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2019, 03:59:29 PM »
Any chance of producing something that could feasibly run from just before nationalisation? Or even borderline!

Whatever you do, I'm sure it'll be splendid, just try not to forget about us.

Absolutely, but this is where we need help as it is well outside of our area of knowledge! Then it is question of whether it will sell in sufficient quantities.

I enjoy researching back to nationalisation (particularly for long lasting items) but it is more difficult (fewer easily accessible resources eg photos and/or drawings etc) and time-consuming (back to the knowledge thing!). Going pre-nationalisation there are a few bits we know about but not so much!

Cheers, Mike

PS I like the idea of 10000/10001 (you'd probably have to do them as a pair to make it viable but then it means tooling any differences!) but is the market there?

Offline Skyline2uk

• Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2019, 04:05:07 PM »
Skyline, reply #19;

Availability of kits hasn't stopped Farish producing RTR in the past...….though Revolution seem more appreciative of this.

Martyn

You are quite correct of course, would be interested in how that impacted sales of kits once RTR was released.

Clearly this risks becoming a wishlist, which I'd be keen to avoid, so trying to put forward some useful contributions to things I think would genuinely sell and what I'd actually buy (in no particular order):

- PTA/JUA/JTA
- Shrunk JNA/MMAs
- Class 59 (I realise why this may not be palatable given Dapol's position)
- FSA/FTA container flats

Ohhhhhhhhhh some proper National Power hoppers (with the correct bogies)... That is a “just take my money” moment.

And Mike / Ben are well aware of my view on the desperate need for an N Class 59!  :D

Skyline2uk

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2019, 04:06:28 PM »
i have always wondered about the Mark 2 Pullmans for the Manchester and Liverpool Pullman services coaches, guess may have to use donor coaches and the BOC tankers - again maybe scratchbuilding - a certain danish manufacturer produced them.

Offline njee20

• N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2019, 04:09:43 PM »
Ohhhhhhhhhh some proper National Power hoppers (with the correct bogies)... That is a “just take my money” moment.

And Mike / Ben are well aware of my view on the desperate need for an N Class 59!  :D

Skyline2uk

Obviously Farish are doing the ex-National Power HKAs. They won't have the LTF-25 bogies they wore for their tenure under NP as JMAs though.

I agree that a 59 would be a good option, and would complement the PTA/JTA/JUA, and the JNA/MMA as well as various wagons coming from 'the other brands'.

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2019, 04:11:04 PM »
I looked briefly at the BOC tanks that Heljan did and a quick look seemed to reveal that there were a lot of variations in quite a small fleet of tanks! What I'm not sure about is how easy it is to tool the differences and how much variation there is.

One thing I would say is that the likes of Heljan (and Hornby) haven't shown much or any interest in entering the N gauge market so we wouldn't discount doing something in N that has been produced in OO by a manufacturer with no interest in N - in some ways that might make it more attractive to us!

Cheers Mike

Offline zwilnik

• N Gauge Society Number: 19730
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2019, 04:11:28 PM »
I think with famous locos like 10000/10001 they make modellers more likely to Rule 1 impulse buy like the Brighton Belle and the Pendolinos as they're something that look great on a layout and have a bit of history.
So while any particular loco, wagon or coach might not appeal specifically to someone who's currently building a layout that they're being careful to stick to its designed era, for a lot of us that like the rolling stock and running more than sticking to the rules the more distinctive trains can be great buys.
Plus, with most N gauge stock being produced in limited numbers the successful ones sell out fairly quickly (relative to finishing a layout and building the next one that might be a different era). So buying the cool ones when they're released can be a handy investment for when you 'need' them ;)

Offline MinZaPint

• N Gauge Society Number: 19352
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2019, 04:17:33 PM »
K type Pullmans would be just right for my plans, I can picture a nice rake now!
Cogito Sumere potum alterum

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2019, 04:22:26 PM »
i think  with boc tanks could be something to do with the gas, pressure , thickness of the tanks and the associated pipes, wheels etc so may have to look at using a tea tank and /. or
conducting research !  google variations in boc tanks gives super photos, drawings to help but information i think wil have to think through  !! thanks for your informative reoly mike !

Offline Steven B

• N Gauge Society Number: 12107
  • 2mm Association Number: 4196
    • NGS Yorkshire Area Group
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2019, 04:22:42 PM »
HUO hoppers (following the demise of DJM Ltd and our friends from Accurascale)
Class A tanks (to go on our Class B chassis)
K type Pullmans (no link but I think we both like the idea!)
PTA aggregate box tipplers (see Accurascale's 4mm announcement!)
PFA 4 wheels container flats (for coal, gypsum, low level nuclear waste) (see Accurascale's 4mm announcement!)
OTAs got a reasonable reception on a previous thread
Our 4mm EALNOS MMA/JNA-T aggregate boxes could be scaled down

I can't see much wrong with that list.

A FFA/FGA and TPO stowage van would both be nice but I'd be very suprised if they didn't come from Farish without any prompting. The NGS also have another RTR project planed that might be TPO or restaurant/buffet car shaped.

Given what's been released by Dapol & Farish at current standards, and what the likes of Hattons & Cavalex are doing in OO Gauge I think there's room for:

KWA Warwell
KFA Warflat
OAA 20' 9" wb open
POA/SSA scrap wagon
PHV ICI Hopper
TTA CO2 tanks
VAA, VBA, VCA & VDA (go nicely with Sonic's VEA)
VIX BR ferry van
Interfrigo ferry van
YCV Turbot
ZUV Shark brake van

VAA, VBA & OAA are/were available from Farish as a 1980s standard model which doesn't sit well alongside more recent OBA, OCA & SPA.,

The VCA and VDA exist as TPM kits but need the old Farish 20' 9" chassis.

The Peco CO2 tank isn't prototypical - wrong suspension & missing the characteristic roller covers for the discharge gear.

The ICI hopper will fill a gap for modellers of NW England; Few of the currently proposed stone wagons would be seen north of the M62.

The SSA has been available from Ian Stoate and Chivers as a kit but is hard to find.

KWA, KFA, YCV & ZUV are all available in kit form from the NGS; I've build several of each but would still contemplate a RTR version.

Apart from the Shark, all would be suitable for use in ones and twos as well as longer block trains.

Steven B.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 04:28:26 PM by Steven B »

Offline w greatbatch

• N Gauge Society Number: 14199
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2019, 04:47:25 PM »
K type Pullmans for me, and how about some Diagram 150 Coke hoppers.

Offline Intercity

• Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2019, 04:50:11 PM »
I’d like to see more MUs, 313/317 type sets, I don’t hold out hope though as the 320/321 has been a bit of a slow project, maybe the MU especially EMU trains just don’t appeal to most modelers.

Locomotive wise again I’m bias to sparkies, a detailed model of an 85 would be nice, and would be a nice fit to run alongside the latest Dapol 86s, a little more modern would be an updated 87 and 90, but I don’t see those coming any time soon either.

An RTR roarer is my dream (for now)
Support crowdfunding - it’s the way forward

Revolutions class 321 needs your help, let’s make it happen.

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2019, 05:00:51 PM »
K type Pullmans
EALNOS MMA/JNA-T
 :beers:
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2019, 05:04:52 PM »
Im sure the 85 has been produced. Im all for emu stock

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £61.00
Below Goal: £39.00
Site Currency: GBP