!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Loopback + block detection  (Read 143 times)

Offline chrispix

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Travisdale-Pickmere YouTube Channel
    • Awards
Loopback + block detection
« on: June 09, 2019, 08:36:53 PM »
How would one go about wiring this up for dcc (Digitrax) + block detection.. Adding the auto reversing loop back is easy, but not sure how to handle the logic. Using a bxpa1..

If the train goes straight through on top rail, then no need to stop bottom train at the turnout.  But if top train goes into loopback, need to block trains entering through track, and bottom rail trains before the loopback enters the bottom rails..

https://imgur.com/a/8XtC6VJ
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 11:28:27 PM by Railwaygun, Reason: take a detention ! »

Offline jpendle

• N Gauge Society Number: 23638
    • Awards
Re: Loopback + block detention
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2019, 10:48:13 PM »
You need to show your track feeds to the 2 running lines, if they have the same polarity then you have a reversing loop, if they have opposite polarity then you donít.

Also the crossover will need its frogs switched or connected to Frog Juicers for it to work.

As far as logic goes Iím not sure what you want to know.

You know that if the turnout for the loop is set then the second turnout must also be set. Then you need some form of loco detection and computer control to tell other locos approaching the two points to stop.

In other words the presence of a loco in the loop isnít relevant, the way the points are set is what needs to determine your logic.

Regards,

John P

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

Offline chrispix

• Travisdale-Pickmere YouTube Channel
    • Awards
Re: Loopback + block detection
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 09:55:57 PM »
Thanks, appreciate it.. I was thinking of keeping each rail the same polarity. (i.e. closest to the top of the drawing each have same polarity).  Reason is, I have other areas of my layout where I have a crossing at a station where I would like to prevent a bunch of reversing loops.

I need to read up a bit more then on the crossover. I understand that I can change the polarity based on a near point, which I have.. So I think I can do that with the tortoise motor.

Now I need to figure out all my blocks..

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £30.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
55% 
September Donations