!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The end of DJ Models?  (Read 19619 times)

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
Re: The end of DJ Models?
« Reply #330 on: August 22, 2019, 11:24:54 PM »
But my point wasn't about SA law but the law of where the transaction took place which is the UK (very clear under UK law about place of supply). That is why I would ask the UK Financial Ombudsman. The fact you have different legislation in SA is irrelevant in terms of the contract in the UK. So the question is whether foreign card issuers have to comply with UK law - my suspicion would be yes.

Offline Cape Town Trev

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 7499
    • Awards
« Reply #331 on: August 23, 2019, 06:31:27 AM »
But my point wasn't about SA law but the law of where the transaction took place which is the UK (very clear under UK law about place of supply). That is why I would ask the UK Financial Ombudsman. The fact you have different legislation in SA is irrelevant in terms of the contract in the UK. So the question is whether foreign card issuers have to comply with UK law - my suspicion would be yes.
Hi Red Death, noted.  I have googled UK Financial Ombudsman and will fill in referral form.  Out of curiosity I wonder how they will enforce any action on a South African Bank.  But as I say nothing ventured nothing gained.
This morning I got a response from ABSA bank it was an email from the same person dealing with me under Virgin Money!!!!  Now he wants proof of intended delivery date.  I'm sure I sent DJ Models newsletters stating progress will be blah blah.  I bet if I said 12 months after deposit he'll say out of time! Has anyone else had this issue and what did they provide?
Thanks

Offline NinOz

• N Gauge Society Number: Ex3504
    • Awards
« Reply #332 on: September 19, 2019, 12:35:11 PM »
After a few months of no contact from the credit card provider (Visa) since the original submitting of documents, I have received a total refund (270, approx AU$510). :claphappy:
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

Offline Roy L S

• Awards
« Reply #333 on: September 19, 2019, 01:01:35 PM »
It is good news that so many people have received refunds from credit card companies/banks, but I can't help reflecting that some less fortunate people haven't and won't.

Equally sobering is that even where people have received a refund there is still a loss that has to be absorbed by card companies, and I am suspecting by now this runs into many thousands of pounds.

I suspect those who have lost out will never find out exactly where this money went but it appears clear now that there was little tangible to show for it.

Roy

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything