!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The end of DJ Models?  (Read 15710 times)

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: The end of DJ Models?
« Reply #285 on: July 15, 2019, 11:20:54 PM »
You canít go to the ombudsman without exhausting the full complaints procedures internally; itís a final step. Donít play that card too early.

I agree with Karhedron though, phone back again, ask to speak to a supervisor if necessary, then complain. Theyíre wrong, thereís no excuse for that, stick to your convictions.

Online crewearpley40

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #286 on: July 15, 2019, 11:30:15 PM »
Would it work personally going to a local branch, politely ask to see in a private room a manager and take documents receipts statements paperwork copies of forum relevant info and or citizens adv. Bureau? Just a thovght

Online PLD

• Hull Miniature Railway Society
    • Awards
« Reply #287 on: July 15, 2019, 11:30:37 PM »
Changing subject, the reference to DJ Models being in receivership in the August issues of the railway modeller and hornby magazines is very brief and limited to a few lines in the edge column. You have to look hard to even find this. I could not even find the news in Model Rail.

Is this a case of political sensitivity to report a key news item in the world of model railways considering not everyone spends their time on the internet
Possibly there is some sensitivity yes...
There are some forums and magazines that were (rightly or wrongly) perceived by some readers/commentators as being overly close to DJ and were accused of over promoting the company. Possible that some may be getting some 'heat' from disappointed readers and would want to down-play it...

Online Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #288 on: July 15, 2019, 11:34:17 PM »
Changing subject, the reference to DJ Models being in receivership in the August issues of the railway modeller and hornby magazines is very brief and limited to a few lines in the edge column. You have to look hard to even find this. I could not even find the news in Model Rail.

Is this a case of political sensitivity to report a key news item in the world of model railways considering not everyone spends their time on the internet
There are some forums and magazines that were (rightly or wrongly) perceived by some readers/commentators as being overly close to DJ and were accused of over promoting the company. Possible that some may be getting some 'heat' from disappointed readers and would want to down-play it...

Some are accused of the opposite by not properly moderating the Trolls.  Either way I bet they are guilty as hell.

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #289 on: July 15, 2019, 11:35:02 PM »
Would it work personally going to a local branch, politely ask to see in a private room a manager and take documents receipts statements paperwork copies of forum relevant info and or citizens adv. Bureau? Just a thovght

It might, but all the manager is going to do is refer it up to you very same team you phone directly, they wonít be able to process a S75 refund in branch Iíll wager.

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #290 on: July 16, 2019, 07:23:04 AM »
Just had a phone call from Santander to say I will receive a full refund within 5 days
Perhaps this should go in the happy thread

I'm afraid I have not been as lucky, I paid for 2 Kings on a Santander Credit Card, all the evidence sumitted is in line with what others here have submitted as well.  I recieved a letter on Saturday saying my claim was being refused, suffice to say i've spoken to them today and even though a screenshot of the website has been submitted where it states the full price and that a 50% deposit is to be paid they are saying the amount I paid does not qualify.  Unfortunately the operative I was speaking to seemed to have little grasp of the actual consumer credit act when I was trying to explain that it goes off of the full value of the goods and not what has been paid thus far.  After a little while the operative obviously was getting annoyed and put the phone down on me.

Not really sure where to go from here now to be honest...

Do not give up
It seems so wrong that Santander are refunding my deposit but not yours.
I would press them and state you know that they have refunded other credit card holders in the same situation. Surely a precident has been set.
Did they state the reason you were being refused? If you presented them with the relevant documents of proof I feel they are obliged to refund you.
Good luck.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline Nigel Cliffe

• Awards
« Reply #291 on: July 18, 2019, 05:39:52 PM »
Just had a phone call from Santander to say I will receive a full refund within 5 days
😀

I'm afraid I have not been as lucky, I paid for 2 Kings on a Santander Credit Card, all the evidence sumitted is in line with what others here have submitted as well.  I recieved a letter on Saturday saying my claim was being refused, suffice to say i've spoken to them today and even though a screenshot of the website has been submitted where it states the full price and that a 50% deposit is to be paid they are saying the amount I paid does not qualify.  Unfortunately the operative I was speaking to seemed to have little grasp of the actual consumer credit act when I was trying to explain that it goes off of the full value of the goods and not what has been paid thus far.  After a little while the operative obviously was getting annoyed and put the phone down on me.

You go back to the card issuer, and state clearly that they are wrong under S.75, probably because they have misunderstand that the amounts are *deposits* with a balance to pay when the items are ready for delivery.   Do it in writing because they've written to you.    The claim under S.75 is watertight - you paid a deposit on a credit card for two items, the total price of each item was over £100, so S.75 applies.  You've notified them of the claim as soon as you became aware of the supplier (DJM) going into liquidation.    There will be template documents and appropriate wording on consumer affairs websites, such as "Which?" and "MoneySavingsExpert". 

If writing fails, go to the card issuer's complaints system in writing.   And only then escalate outside the bank. 

The case is watertight, but you may have to be persistent.   

(What they've done for others is largely irrelevant to a S.75 claim, so I'd not bring that up.  ).

- Nigel

Offline Bingley Hall

• N Gauge Society Number: 21700
    • Awards
« Reply #292 on: July 21, 2019, 01:07:54 AM »

Some are accused of the opposite by not properly moderating the Trolls.  Either way I bet they are guilty as hell.

Guilty of what exactly?

Guilty either way? That's a novelty, how does that work?

Time to break out the tin foil hats methinks  :dunce:

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #293 on: July 21, 2019, 10:55:10 AM »
Global Moderator Comment Let's keep it to successfully getting any monies back or helping others to do so please

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #294 on: July 21, 2019, 12:20:13 PM »
Let's keep it to successfully getting any monies back or helping others to do so please
On the subject of monies back, I applied for a refund a few weeks ago when it came to light that DJ Models were "no more" and can now confirm that my deposit refund has finally been received from Santander Credit Card Services. Hope this news encourages others to push for their monies owed under Section 75. Good luck.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:21:16 PM by Delboy »
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #295 on: July 21, 2019, 12:26:01 PM »
Agree with mick' s post and thats welcomming news delboy

Offline HurricaneTich

• N Gauge Society Number: 22032
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #296 on: July 23, 2019, 02:19:08 PM »

Do not give up
It seems so wrong that Santander are refunding my deposit but not yours.
I would press them and state you know that they have refunded other credit card holders in the same situation. Surely a precident has been set.
Did they state the reason you were being refused? If you presented them with the relevant documents of proof I feel they are obliged to refund you.
Good luck.

I have some good news on this.  So I persued the issue with the complaints proceedure that Santander have and have just had a call stating that my call was not handled properly at all, the call handler obviously did not want to listen (their words, not mine), and that on those grounds I will be getting a refund.  This was before the assessor even looked at any evidence submitted (basically everything needed under the legislation to qualify anyway!)

Thanks to all who have helped, and I will echo the comments here to not give up.  Even the assessor said today it wasn't a personal decision, they follow the letter of the law and there was clearly a breakdown here in the knowledge and understanding of said law by the original assessor to my case.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 02:20:25 PM by HurricaneTich »

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #297 on: July 23, 2019, 02:22:57 PM »
that is very encouraging news

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #298 on: July 23, 2019, 02:25:32 PM »
That's great news @HurricaneTich,
As you said, let's hope others press for their due refunds via section 75.
 :thumbsup:

Offline Nigel Cliffe

• Awards
« Reply #299 on: July 24, 2019, 03:26:17 PM »

I have some good news on this.  ......Ö.I will be getting a refund. 

Good to hear, and thanks for reporting the success.     
Hopefully will encourage others with legitimate claims against credit card providers. 

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £155.00
Above Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
282% 
August Donations