!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The end of DJ Models?  (Read 12918 times)

msr, paulbeckwith, jcmjcm and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
Re: The end of DJ Models?
« Reply #255 on: July 10, 2019, 11:35:15 AM »
You're very fortunate.  HSBC are refusing to refund my 2 deposits on the basis that, although paid as a single transaction, these were 2 separate orders, each under £100!

You need to tell them the deposits were for two items each exceeding £100.  This is a try on.

Offline doug22150

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: July 10, 2019, 11:41:22 AM »
Thanks - I have just done precisely that but they are suggesting that I need to contact the receivers for confirmation that the models will not be delivered and then refer back to the HSBC Disputes Team.  I'm not very impressed with HSBC's handling of this.

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: July 10, 2019, 12:00:21 PM »
Contact CG, they'll provide written confirmation that the company is being liquidated, provide this to HSBC, I'd expect all the banks to want this.

As David says, the pertinent thing is that the full value of the product was over £100 (and under £30k). As long as you've paid any amount on credit card you're covered. Pay 5p on a credit card on a £20k car and you're covered.

Offline Fardap

• N Gauge Society Number: 26027
    • Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #258 on: July 10, 2019, 12:25:23 PM »
They are wrong see below and at link.

Items priced at more than £100, even if you paid for only some of it on credit card. So if you paid £30 on credit card but the item was for sale at £150, you are entitled to a refund of the full amount.

https://www.finder.com/uk/what-happens-when-you-get-a-credit-card-refund

Online austinbob

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23835
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: July 10, 2019, 12:44:59 PM »
When I made my claim from Halifax bank I submitted....
Companies house record of going into receivership
DJ statement on going insolvent.
DJ Web page showing full price of model & deposit. Email invoice/receipt for deposit paid.
It took Halifax a couple of weeks to credit my card with the deposit.
 :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Offline Snowwolflair

• N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #260 on: July 10, 2019, 12:47:32 PM »
When I made my claim from Halifax bank I submitted....
Companies house record of going into receivership
DJ statement on going insolvent.
DJ Web page showing full price of model & deposit. Email invoice/receipt for deposit paid.
It took Halifax a couple of weeks to credit my card with the deposit.
 :beers:

That's what I did with Barclaycard.  I called them first and got their form and it took two weeks.

Offline kelstonlad

• Awards
« Reply #261 on: July 10, 2019, 02:15:13 PM »
I had similar problems with American Express, who were clearly keen to find reasons to reject my claim. Supplying them with a copy of my original invoice, and the page from the website, which together made it clear that I'd paid half of the £135 seemed to swing it.

Offline njnall

• N Gauge Society Number: 21580
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: July 10, 2019, 02:18:32 PM »
My Barclaycard account was credited within 4 days of my claim with £67.50 for 1 King, there hasn't been any correspondence as yet on the terms of the refund.  With the claim form I enclosed copies of the initial 4 pages or so of the liquidators letter and the page stating there would be no money in the pot, a copy of my D J Models invoice and a couple of screenshots from the D J Models website.

Online Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #263 on: July 10, 2019, 02:23:54 PM »
I am expecting a refund from my bank Santander but they are dragging their feet in the matter
They say they are looking into it and will respond in due course, whatever that means
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Online Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #264 on: July 10, 2019, 02:25:47 PM »
My Barclaycard account was credited within 4 days of my claim with £67.50 for 1 King, there hasn't been any correspondence as yet on the terms of the refund.  With the claim form I enclosed copies of the initial 4 pages or so of the liquidators letter and the page stating there would be no money in the pot, a copy of my D J Models invoice and a couple of screenshots from the D J Models website.
Thatís what I did but still waiting
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline njnall

• N Gauge Society Number: 21580
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: July 10, 2019, 02:34:35 PM »
Thatís what I did but still waiting

Hope your refund comes through soon

Online Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #266 on: July 15, 2019, 03:59:10 PM »
Just had a phone call from Santander to say I will receive a full refund within 5 days
Perhaps this should go in the happy thread
😀

Offline honk843

• N Gauge Society Number: 1800
    • Awards
« Reply #267 on: July 15, 2019, 05:35:56 PM »
I wish people would stop celebrating the fact that they have got money back. I have lost £135 to DJM and will not get anything back from Barclays. had I have done so, or better still got the Kings from DJM, I would have ordered two 66xx from Revolution.

Offline Karhedron

• N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: July 15, 2019, 05:39:17 PM »
I wish people would stop celebrating the fact that they have got money back. I have lost £135 to DJM and will not get anything back from Barclays. had I have done so, or better still got the Kings from DJM, I would have ordered two 66xx from Revolution.

If you don't mind me asking, what reason did Barclays give for refusing? Section 75 would seem to be pretty watertight grounds for claiming.
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline honk843

• N Gauge Society Number: 1800
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: July 15, 2019, 05:43:23 PM »
The deposit was paid over 120 days before the Company collapsed and I should have claimed before that period had elapsed.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £160.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Below Goal: £95.00
Site Currency: GBP
41% 
July Donations

Advertise Here
anything