!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The end of DJ Models?  (Read 12704 times)

Offline Karhedron

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
Re: The end of DJ Models?
« Reply #180 on: June 11, 2019, 12:03:33 PM »
I have just been contacted by the Liquidators and informed that I have been added to the list of creditors. I contacted them last week with details of my order.

Nothing particularly surprising in the correspondence but at least it confirms where we stand. A confirmation that the models will not be produced and that I should contact my credit card company for a refund. They also said they could provide documentation to back up the claim against the credit card company if necessary on request.

If you have not already done so, I recommend anyone who ordered from DJM should register as a creditor with the liquidators. I don't think we will get any money out of them but it is important that they can build up a picture of the company's liabilities and it may help claiming back from your credit card provider.

I did this simply by email them at info@cg-recovery.com
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline anselm

• N Gauge Society Number: 20354
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: June 11, 2019, 12:16:24 PM »
Thank you Karhedron, that's useful supporting evidence for my claim on Barclaycard. 

I wonder if it would be possible to keep this thread running for members to record their success or otherwise with the various credit card companies?

Offline mickeyflinn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21893
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: June 11, 2019, 01:06:01 PM »
Copied from the home page of the website;

"It is with great sadness that DJModels Ltd has now closed and is in receivership (4th June 2019). Both DJModels e-mail addresses (‘nthusiast@’, and ‘info@’) are now out of use, and all aspects of DJModels Ltd are all in the control of the receivers, CG-recovery of Manchester."

I personally didn't order anything, but feel sorry for both Dave and anyone who had pre-ordered anything.

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #183 on: June 11, 2019, 03:29:22 PM »
Thanks Karhedron,
I have already written to my credit card company using the standard template that you identified earlier in the thread. I will report back on any progress in due course.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline HurricaneTich

• N Gauge Society Number: 22032
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: June 11, 2019, 07:13:39 PM »
I've just spoken to Santander on the phone, the operative asked a few basic questions to make sure time wasn't being wasted and then asked me to send anything relevant (original order, liquidation notice, etc) through to them.

This can be done by letter, email or in branch.  I opted for email and the address given to me to send everything through to is s75.claims@santander.co.uk.  Hope that helps anyone going through this with a Santander Card!

Offline REGP

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19246
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: June 12, 2019, 12:39:56 PM »
Thanks @Karhedron, I paid a 50% deposit for a King by credit card

So I spoke with NatWest MasterCard and was directed to an online form in order to claim, (which I duly completed) but was told not to expect a response for 7 to 10 days.

Also emailed CG with orderm details and home address to register as a creditor, received same response as Karhedron within a few hours.

With luck I’ll get a refund which I put towards a Osborns R & R Crane.

Ray

Offline pesky badger

• N Gauge Society Number: 22788
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2019, 12:41:00 PM »
Has anyone got a screenshot  of DJM's web page showing the full cost of the King model?  Since the site has been taken over by the creditors the site doesn't allow you to see the models or their costs.  Just thinking this might be needed when trying to claim back the deposit cost, when the receipt for the deposit doesn't mention the future payment amount.

Stu

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #187 on: June 12, 2019, 12:46:52 PM »
Has anyone got a screenshot  of DJM's web page showing the full cost of the King model?  Since the site has been taken over by the creditors the site doesn't allow you to see the models or their costs.  Just thinking this might be needed when trying to claim back the deposit cost, when the receipt for the deposit doesn't mention the future payment amount.

Stu

As mentioned in an earlier post, I paid a deposit of £67.50 for one of the Kings, by credit card, and started a claim, but now having read the Article 75, I am not sure I will receive anything as the deposit was below the £100 stated in that article.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline Steven B

• N Gauge Society Number: 12107
  • 2mm Association Number: 4196
    • NGS Yorkshire Area Group
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: June 12, 2019, 01:03:36 PM »
Article 75 covers you when the final cost of the item is over £100. You could pay just £1 on your credit card and you'd be covered for the full  up to £30000.

There's a thread on RMWeb with some good information:
https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/145059-crowdfunding-reclaim-via-credit-card/

Steven B

Offline Karhedron

• N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: June 12, 2019, 01:04:13 PM »

As mentioned in an earlier post, I paid a deposit of £67.50 for one of the Kings, by credit card, and started a claim, but now having read the Article 75, I am not sure I will receive anything as the deposit was below the £100 stated in that article.

It is not the deposit, it is the total value of the item being ordered that must be over £100. The King was more and so qualifies, even though you only paid a 50% deposit.

I did take a screenshot of the order page before it was taken down. I am happy to share it for the benefit of anyone who needs it as proof of the full purchase price for the Kings but it is in .png format and the forum will not let me attach it.

Perhaps a Mod could advise? @Only Me
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline Only Me

• Western Destroyer
  • NGF Technician
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23206
  • Western Destroyer
    • Northants & Cambs Area Group of the NGS
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: June 12, 2019, 01:08:46 PM »
Sure no problem it was in the public domain before

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #191 on: June 12, 2019, 01:12:31 PM »
The original web page is still online if you need it (I found it via the wayback machine, which hadn't actually archived it but said the real page was still present)

https://djmodels.co.uk/product/gwr-4-6-0-king-6000-class

Suggest grab a screen shot sooner rather than later.

[edit] pdf capture of the page is attached.

ps - no I haven't ordered anything from DJM myself.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:15:50 PM by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Online Snowwolflair

• N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: June 12, 2019, 02:43:45 PM »
I have a series of documents in my inbox from the liquidator.  Not read them yet. Will post if important later

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #193 on: June 12, 2019, 03:18:51 PM »
Thanks guys for putting me straight on that one.
Hopefully I will get some success. I have done as ntpntpntp suggested and taken screenshots of the order page which I will forward on to my credit card company.

Offline portland-docks

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22291
  • give me a black 5 anyday!
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Moorside Valley Railway
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: June 12, 2019, 03:22:44 PM »
unfortunatly for me my deposit was by debit card rather than credit card, so im boned!
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £160.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Below Goal: £95.00
Site Currency: GBP
41% 
July Donations

Advertise Here