!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The end of DJ Models?  (Read 23060 times)

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
Re: The end of DJ Models?
« Reply #270 on: July 15, 2019, 05:45:23 PM »
I wish people would stop celebrating the fact that they have got money back. I have lost £135 to DJM and will not get anything back from Barclays.

I don't think anyone is celebrating getting money back, just sharing information that they have - that information is potentially valuable.  For example there are 3 or 4 people that have received refunds from Barclaycard - that is useful for you to know if you'd like to take things further with Barclaycard.

My quick summary is that the crucial points are:
- whether you paid by credit (Section 75) or debit card (chargeback);
- whether it was through Paypal or not;

and that you have to demonstrate to the card issuer that:
- the total amount was greater than £100 (for credit cards) even if only a smaller deposit had been paid;
- the time limits only apply from when you could reasonably have known that DJM was in liquidation. IIRC S.75 time limits are more generous than chargeback time limits.

Anyway, good luck!

Mike

Offline tunneroner61

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27061
    • Awards
« Reply #271 on: July 15, 2019, 05:51:04 PM »
I put down my deposit for a King in August 2018. I claimed the refund from Barclaycard late June 2019. That's most definitely more that 120 days. I got the refund last week with no quibbles.

Norman

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #272 on: July 15, 2019, 06:15:58 PM »
The deposit was paid over 120 days before the Company collapsed and I should have claimed before that period had elapsed.

Push them on that - the 120 day limit is to stop apathy as much as anything.  You had no ability to claim sooner (within their time scale) because the company was still solvent and the delivery date of the product was not due. 

Online Snowwolflair

• Larger Gallery
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #273 on: July 15, 2019, 06:39:23 PM »
The deposit was paid over 120 days before the Company collapsed and I should have claimed before that period had elapsed.

That is wrong.  The claim date is 120 days from the day you became aware of the default not the day of payment.  Barclaycard has already paid out to several of us.

Unless of course you paid by a debit card.

Offline Karhedron

• N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
« Reply #274 on: July 15, 2019, 06:42:16 PM »

Did you pay on a credit card? If so, the 120 day limit does not apply. The statute limit for Section 75 is 6 years. It sounds to me like Barclays are making excuses in the hope that you will give up and go away.

Do not let them fob you off. Threaten to take them to the financial ombudsmen if they do not pay up. That should get a result. They really have no basis in law to dispute you.

All the above assumes that you paid on a credit card.
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Offline Delboy

• Awards
« Reply #275 on: July 15, 2019, 06:50:30 PM »
I wish people would stop celebrating the fact that they have got money back. I have lost £135 to DJM and will not get anything back from Barclays. had I have done so, or better still got the Kings from DJM, I would have ordered two 66xx from Revolution.
Naturally I feel for anyone who has lost money on the venture and was just responding to previous posts that wished me luck.
If I have offended you because I am happy to get a refund, that was never my intention.
As Karhedron states, if it is Barclaycard you have used, then the law is on your side. Good luck.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Online class37025

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • Awards
« Reply #276 on: July 15, 2019, 07:11:59 PM »
as someone who is very grateful not to be in this position, it seems to me that those who have managed to get a refund, far from gloating, are simply saying how they managed, for the help of others.

I do not believe anyone on here would 'gloat' over those who are having problems getting their refunds, but are only supplying ammunition to those who are having problems with their banks.

just, for what it is worth, my view.
typed by fur box mechanic - dictated by brain on a chain

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #277 on: July 15, 2019, 07:18:20 PM »

That is wrong.  The claim date is 120 days from the day you became aware of the default not the day of payment.  Barclaycard has already paid out to several of us.

Unless of course you paid by a debit card.

According to Martin Lewis the 120 days is irrelevant for credit cards and S75 and even for debit cards the 120 days is from date of failed delivery or date of company going bust - the crucial part is that you were paying for something with an extended delivery date. So there should be hope for most people.

See: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback/

Cheers Mike

Offline honk843

• N Gauge Society Number: 1800
    • Awards
« Reply #278 on: July 15, 2019, 07:25:05 PM »
I will try again but this happened to me with Modelmaster too when they collected an unauthorised payment from my card. I foolishly took it up with Modelmaster initially trying to avoid getting them into trouble but that was only £15 or so.

I am sure it is just me as I seem to be the one who for some reason is not entitled but I will let you know the outcome in due course

Offline Rabbitaway

• Awards
« Reply #279 on: July 15, 2019, 09:56:21 PM »
Changing subject, the reference to DJ Models being in receivership in the August issues of the railway modeller and hornby magazines is very brief and limited to a few lines in the edge column. You have to look hard to even find this. I could not even find the news in Model Rail.

Is this a case of political sensitivity to report a key news item in the world of model railways considering not everyone spends their time on the internet

Offline Bob G

• N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #280 on: July 15, 2019, 10:24:09 PM »
Changing subject, the reference to DJ Models being in receivership in the August issues of the railway modeller and hornby magazines is very brief and limited to a few lines in the edge column. You have to look hard to even find this. I could not even find the news in Model Rail.

Is this a case of political sensitivity to report a key news item in the world of model railways considering not everyone spends their time on the internet

In the grand scheme, its not going to make a great bit of difference to the majority of modellers (who model in OO).
DJ Models was a small supplier, at the end of the day. Many DJM OO designs were done for other players, who are still solvent.

Offline njee20

• N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #281 on: July 15, 2019, 10:49:16 PM »
And whilst people may not be all over the Internet they’re unlikely to have had pre-orders with Dave if they’re not at least vaguely aware of what’s going on and/or know people who do know about it.

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #282 on: July 15, 2019, 10:56:29 PM »
there was a very small piece in model rail but maybe 30 words
i cannot remember which copy. but the main focus should be on recovering money and following the various links on the steps on documentation, how to claim and what to submit to banks etc. wish you well, be honest im more interested in layouts, product reviews. wish you well

Offline Tim E

• N Gauge Society Number: 22032
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #283 on: July 15, 2019, 11:09:43 PM »
Just had a phone call from Santander to say I will receive a full refund within 5 days
Perhaps this should go in the happy thread
😀

I'm afraid I have not been as lucky, I paid for 2 Kings on a Santander Credit Card, all the evidence sumitted is in line with what others here have submitted as well.  I recieved a letter on Saturday saying my claim was being refused, suffice to say i've spoken to them today and even though a screenshot of the website has been submitted where it states the full price and that a 50% deposit is to be paid they are saying the amount I paid does not qualify.  Unfortunately the operative I was speaking to seemed to have little grasp of the actual consumer credit act when I was trying to explain that it goes off of the full value of the goods and not what has been paid thus far.  After a little while the operative obviously was getting annoyed and put the phone down on me.

Not really sure where to go from here now to be honest...

Offline Karhedron

• N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
« Reply #284 on: July 15, 2019, 11:14:08 PM »
Not really sure where to go from here now to be honest...

One more try and ask to speak to a supervisor. They should have a solid grasp of the legislation. If that does not work, contact the financial ombudsmen.
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £105.55
Above Goal: £45.55
Site Currency: GBP
176% 
March Donations

Advertise Here
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal