!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: New member from Durham  (Read 311 times)

Offline DarrwestLU6

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 28089
  • Getting back into N after a long break!
    • Awards
Re: New member from Durham
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2019, 08:12:07 PM »
 :welcomesign: Welcome Pete! Friendly bunch - just fire away with questions!

Offline Gyppy101

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2019, 09:32:46 PM »
Hi Pete

Welcome to the Forum.  My grandparents all come from Crook and moved to Annfield Plain where I was born so I know it quite well.  You'll be well supported on this very friendly and helpful group.  I've found it invaluable since my return to railway modelling.

Offline Boresight

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2019, 05:45:27 PM »
 :thankyousign: all for your welcoming comments. I have made a 6' 8" X 3' 0" base topped in polystyrene ( for ease in experimenting with various track plans. ) the trouble is at the moment I am suffering from a bad case of indecision as to the final layout, and comments from the Memshaib don't help matters. The era will be anywhere from the 1930s to the late 1940s, something else yet to be finally decided upon. So from time to time I hope to publish a few photo's of the disasters and Large Chicken :) ups that will know doubt occur. So once again thanks.

Offline DarrwestLU6

• N Gauge Society Number: 28089
  • Getting back into N after a long break!
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2019, 08:41:04 PM »
Sounds good!
Try mocking something up in SCARM track planning software to see if it all fits BEFORE you buy all the track bits - Free and easy to learn...I just followed the YouTube video tutorials.

Offline LASteve

• N Gauge Society Number: 28183
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2019, 03:02:34 AM »
Welcome, Pete.

Don't worry about asking questions, the sentiment here is that there are no stupid questions (actually there are, notably the ones I ask). I've had a ton of help, advice and encouragement from the folks here.

We're a curious bunch, so please check back and update us on plans, progress, and even the Memsahib's gradual appreciation of what you're doing. When I started on my layout last year, my wife was grateful that I'd actually begun construction, her comment was "Thank god you've started building something. I was worried you'd die and I'd be stuck wondering where to sell this stuff".

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £160.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Below Goal: £95.00
Site Currency: GBP
41% 
July Donations

Advertise Here