!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Crosti 9F??  (Read 289 times)

Offline Stuart Down Under

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3354
    • Awards
Re: Crosti 9F??
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 09:25:05 PM »
I also spotted on the midland mainline around Kettering in the early 60’s. All the Crosti’s were then shedded at Wellingborough used for hauling long iron ore and coal trains. 4f 0-6-0’s were known as ‘coffee pots’

Thanks, Chris - 4Fs would make a lot of sense, because they were abundant at the time. Maybe just a local nickname.

I would certainly buy a Crosti model, if one became available - I wouldn't even need Rule 1! I had a go at making one from the old Minitrix 9F using a (Crownline?) conversion kit many years ago, but it never made it to the rails!

Offline Shiney Sheff

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23792
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 09:36:30 PM »
I would certainly buy a Crosti model, if one became available - I wouldn't even need Rule 1! I had a go at making one from the old Minitrix 9F using a (Crownline?) conversion kit many years ago, but it never made it to the rails!
[/quote]

I am just in the process of converting a Minitrix one myself. I hope mine doesn't go the same way.

Bob

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Red & white Trafalgar Square
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 11:07:40 PM »
The one in the photo is a Minitrix conversion. The gentleman who did it for me worked from an article in an early seventies RM.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
127% 
April Donations

Advertise Here