!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: N gauge vs OO gauge  (Read 1372 times)

Offline Friarjunction21

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: N gauge vs OO gauge
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2019, 05:56:49 PM »
KR Models my n gauge RHTT set came completely built and finished on both the chassis,ready to run

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2019, 06:18:45 PM »
Yes because someone else procured the parts and built and finished it, itís still a kit, not RTR. 

The Dapol FEAs arenít the correct ones anyway if youíre going to be really fussy. That said Iím not surprised Hattonís havenít downsized theirs yet. I wonder if the 66 is more likely - take on Dapol and Farish with a top spec, sound ready model. But we digress.

Online emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2019, 06:50:39 PM »

That's a paid banner, and until we start to see some revenue coming we have to be subjective with the adverting.

You have to speculate to accumulate.

Most business outlay capital on advertising to generate the income to pay for the previous advertising. I do property maintenance, when I first started I spent around £1000 on advertising in village newsletters and on flyers before I had my first client.

If your serious about the project and you're convinced it's viable, then you'll probably need to spend a bit getting the information out there, and it needs to be much more detailed information as previously mentioned.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 06:53:57 PM by emjaybee »
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Offline KR Models

• We dare to build
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • KR Models
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2019, 12:57:00 PM »

That's a paid banner, and until we start to see some revenue coming we have to be subjective with the adverting.

You have to speculate to accumulate.

Most business outlay capital on advertising to generate the income to pay for the previous advertising. I do property maintenance, when I first started I spent around £1000 on advertising in village newsletters and on flyers before I had my first client.

If your serious about the project and you're convinced it's viable, then you'll probably need to spend a bit getting the information out there, and it needs to be much more detailed information as previously mentioned.

Oh trust me, I'm heavily committed to this project so far.  Which is why I have so many cusmers paying their deposits on their loco.
KR Models, makers of fine detail model trains and rolling stock.

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2019, 01:11:10 PM »
But why should people trust you? You're unknown in the industry.

Saying "so many people have signed up" is just classic peer pressuring. I'm not suggesting that's what you're doing, but information is still not forthcoming, and you seem to bristle or deflect when pressed for it.

Offline KR Models

• We dare to build
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • KR Models
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2019, 01:15:43 PM »
But why should people trust you? You're unknown in the industry.

Saying "so many people have signed up" is just classic peer pressuring. I'm not suggesting that's what you're doing, but information is still not forthcoming, and you seem to bristle or deflect when pressed for it.

The only questions I've not answered are the inner workings of the model.  That is because this is in its development stage.  What we know so far is it will be loco driven with a 5 pole motor, twin speakers in the nose and using the Loksound V5 sound decoder. It will be capable of negotiating all curves 2nd radius and above. Did I miss anything??

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2019, 01:20:52 PM »
Sorry where had you said that, I've not seen it (decoder model aside)? Where will the sound project come from that's got to be a major one? Of course there's loads that's missing, to which the answer should be "we're still developing the model, but look forward to delivering the best possible model for your money, and will feed back on the specific questions asked as soon as we know".

There's no need for the "did I miss anything??" sarcasm, you need customers more than customers need you, it feels to me like you feel you're doing people a favour and they should be falling over themselves to throw their money at you.

This is a really valuable communication channel, we already see examples of manufacturers who do it really well, and ones who do it really badly. Use it to your advantage and you'll almost certainly get more orders. Don't treat your potential customers with contempt.

Online Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2019, 01:21:32 PM »
 I have a very good friend who lives in Edmonton and one in Calgary and I asked them if they had heard of K R Models they canít find any information at all , only the same poster weíve all seen .
IM NOT SAYING FOR ONE MINUTE THAT KR MODELS ARE A SCAM  ,but I do think that they must give more information about the model and even more about who they are  where they  operate  from and what if any models they have produced .
After all none of us can pop over to Alberta to check out the details .
As allready said if you start up a business the only way to succeed is to advertise  and give details of who you are where you are and what youíve made or FULL details of your proposed models .
We donít have much information at all not even a business address .
I really would love a model of GT 3 as Iíve allready said I love the unusual locos .
Bob Tidbury
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 01:59:31 PM by Bob Tidbury »

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2019, 01:26:50 PM »
The same thing was discussed on RMWeb, response here. KR models is Keith Riley Revell, who is based in Canada, this is the first model, so no one will have 'heard' of them beyond these threads, wherever you are in the world.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 02:18:37 PM by njee20 »

Offline KR Models

• We dare to build
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • KR Models
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2019, 01:32:05 PM »
The same thing was discussed on RMWeb, response here. KR models is Keith Riley, who is based in Canada, this is the first model, so no one will have 'heard' of them beyond these threads, wherever you are in the world.

It's so nice to see wrong information being sent around the internet.  Yes, I am based in Canada, I've been here for 10 years, I came over for work.  But my customers are all over the world.   Every business has to start somewhere, so with the GT3 being our first model, we clearly want it to be flawless.   

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2019, 01:43:30 PM »
How's that wrong information? It's a post by you? I know there was a bit of a witch hunt going on on that thread, but the post I linked to is your clarification on who you are.

Of course every business has to start somewhere, I'm simply allaying Bob's fears that there's something dodgy going on because his Canadian friends aren't aware of you. Ie you're not producing models of Canadian prototypes and branching out.

I really would recommend you dial down some of the aggression in your posts, it does nothing whatsoever to ingratiate you to customers, and that's what you need as a new business.

Offline KR Models

• We dare to build
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • KR Models
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2019, 02:07:41 PM »
How's that wrong information? It's a post by you? I know there was a bit of a witch hunt going on on that thread, but the post I linked to is your clarification on who you are.

Of course every business has to start somewhere, I'm simply allaying Bob's fears that there's something dodgy going on because his Canadian friends aren't aware of you. Ie you're not producing models of Canadian prototypes and branching out.

I really would recommend you dial down some of the aggression in your posts, it does nothing whatsoever to ingratiate you to customers, and that's what you need as a new business.

I have attended both train shows here in Alberta as an exhibitor, and we may branch out into North American stock.  As far as being aggressive, no I think it's only natural to defend one's credibility against false unfounded comments.  It was not my intention to come across as aggressive, just answering the accusations directly. 

Offline Thorpe Parva

• N Gauge Society Number: 21786
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2019, 02:13:45 PM »

I thought perhaps he was referring to the fact that you got his name wrong, it's Keith Revell.

Perhaps it might be helpful if the title of this thread made mention of GT3 as some may be missing the info regarding the proposed model.

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2019, 02:18:11 PM »
Oops, apologies, I couldn't remember what the R was and I freely admit I took that from the first Google entry, which is possibly a different Keith R from KRModels as they're producing kits for Leeds trams!

I have attended both train shows here in Alberta as an exhibitor, and we may branch out into North American stock.  As far as being aggressive, no I think it's only natural to defend one's credibility against false unfounded comments.  It was not my intention to come across as aggressive, just answering the accusations directly. 

I get that, but you have to understand that people will want to ask questions, you may not like all of them, but you're asking people for a lot of money with some comparatively vague specifications, so gritting your teeth and just answering politely will be better than little snipey "happy now!?" type responses will be far more successful.

If you've attended exhibitions previously why not talk about it? It all gives you credibility, and that's a huge part of what you need to convert orders. I get wanting to keep your private life out of things, who wouldn't, but it feels like people have to draw out pertinent information about your company.

Offline PaulCheffus

• N Gauge Society Number: 4575
  • 2mm Association Number: 4172
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2019, 04:44:16 PM »
Hi

Take a look at the Revolution Trains threads about how they went about the Pendolino / TEA tanks. Admittedly they had the backing of a manufacturer who had a good track record producing Canadian models but they instilled confidence that you would get the model you had paid for.

From what I've read both on here and RMWeb if I was interested I certainly wouldn't be parting with any money.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £155.00
Above Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
282% 
August Donations

anything