!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Howes Models  (Read 205 times)

Online RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Howes Models
« on: March 06, 2019, 04:13:29 PM »
Every day I have less and less to do at work. There's a plan to outsource my job, with the plan currently at the 'consultation' stage. Though the way things are going, before the consultation period is over my role will have been completely outsourced.

Anyway, this morning I thought I'd bus it up to Kidlington and pickup some Rail Match paints from Howes, rather than order online from Fox. Well, I have all this time on my hands now! It's well over a decade since I visited Howes. So there I was stood outside 12 Banbury Road scratching my head and wondering where the shop was hidden. ??? My phone confirmed that Howes' address was indeed 12 Banbury Road and I was stood outside of that address.

Long story cut short, I eventually found they'd moved to a trading estate on the North edge of town. When I got there I was rather desperate to use the toilet. :uneasy: :-[ So full marks to Howes for letting me use their facilities without hesitation! :thumbsup:
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Ditape

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25087
    • Awards
Re: Howes Models
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 05:45:27 PM »
They moved several years back, UK model shops has the current address, so does google and Facebook so I think your phone has let you down big time. :scowl:
Diane Tape

Online RailGooner

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 06:40:44 PM »
My phone is a Nokia 1020 running Windows Phone. Both hardware and software are long since out of support. :headbutt:
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline tutenkhamunsleeping

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23866
  • 2mm Association Number: 4854
    • Ebay
    • YouTube
    • My Rail Photos
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 07:56:10 PM »
When I got there I was rather desperate to use the toilet. :uneasy: :-[ So full marks to Howes for letting me use their facilities without hesitation! :thumbsup:

Now there’s an idea for a new review section of the forum :-[

Online RailGooner

• Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 08:12:49 PM »
When I got there I was rather desperate to use the toilet. :uneasy: :-[ So full marks to Howes for letting me use their facilities without hesitation! :thumbsup:

Now there’s an idea for a new review section of the forum :-[

:poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: :poop: (5/5)
Compact but comfortable. Spotlessly clean and fresh smelling thanks to one of those scented-oil-stick-thing air fresheners. A full loo roll and plenty of spares on a shelf. The WC has a good strong flush. Sink with hot and cold running water, and scented hand wash. Would definitely recommend a visit.

Offline emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 08:52:37 PM »
You should've mentioned you were going. I could've saved you the head scratching, I live half an hour away and probably pop in twice a year. Their no good for N gauge, but they're okay for bits and bobs.

:D
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP