!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Message numbering  (Read 168 times)

Offline woodbury22uk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Message numbering
« on: April 04, 2019, 09:01:45 AM »
I have only just noticed that the numbering of messages differs between the mobile and desktop versions. In a recent example I stumbled on  I found that “Reply #64” on the desktop becomes message “#65” on the mobile version. I understand the different nomenclature but I am curious as to why two different systems are used.

Referring someone to a message accurately needs knowledge of the device/version they will be viewing on. If there is a page break before the quoted “Reply #” it might not be immediately obvious to someone viewing on the mobile version. I generally provide a link in the desktop version but I am not sure where that would lead on the mobile version.
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything