!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Pricing structure for NGS kits  (Read 338 times)

Online Buzzard

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
Pricing structure for NGS kits
« on: January 25, 2019, 09:20:42 AM »
Having seen that kit 54B, the NACCO timber wagon, is being offered for 3 levels of unit price depending upon how many you buy I was wondering if that methodology is being reintroduced for all NGS kits.  A quick trawl around the shop site indicates not.

I still have a printed copy of the shop list from 2013 and at that time and for the majority of NGS produced kits there were 4 pricing levels, namely

1 or 2,
3 or 4,
5 to 9 and
10 or more

so the more you bought the cheaper the unit price.

I certainly took advantage of multiple purchases which is perhaps why I've got so many BDA wagons and also made up others for friends.

Recently I've been considering a bulk purchase of a certain kit but am put off by the fact that the cheapest unit price is now for 3 to 50 kits.  For info I was considering at least 6 kits with the possibility of a maximum of 10.

Under the current unit price structure I would pay around 17 more today for 10 kits than that in 2013, not that I knew then that I wanted that particular type of wagon.

If the NGS were to put the old unit price structure in place for all kits, hint, hint, they'd be quite a large value order from me.  If not I'll be scaling back to perhaps 3 or 4 kits and that'll leave stock unsold at the shop.

Going back to the old structure might also result in additional orders from other members and therefore additional revenue for the NGS to invest in other projects.

Could a member of the NGS management comment please?

Offline nookfield

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
Re: Pricing structure for NGS kits
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 09:45:56 AM »
Why don't you raise this on the NGS forum on groups.io where you will get a response from a committee member. Alternatively you could email the Adrian (shop keeper) to find out the reason why the price structure has changed rather than complaining about it on a public forum.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal