!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Scale Model Scenery Safety Railings  (Read 134 times)

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Scale Model Scenery Safety Railings
« on: January 12, 2019, 09:49:50 PM »
I bought some of the above, (part no. LX097-N), last week from SMS, as there will be two walkways, a few feet, (in real life), in the air, so anybody up there would need some railings, (elf and safety you know!). You get one fret containing a number of different length laser cut railings, which total just over 8" in length, (over 100' in real money), cut from very thin board. The instructions suggest painting the railings whilst still on the fret with acrylic paint. This will work, but it is extremely tedious.  :'(. I decided to try yellow spray paint and, after a couple of coats, they looked quite acceptable. The instructions also suggest gluing the railings in place with 'Rocket Card Glue'. I was a bit dubious about this, as I would be sticking the railings to painted 'Plastruct' girders. However, no problem, the railings have stuck okay and look quite realistic. Be warned though - the railings are extremely thin and very fragile. I only damaged/lost 4 pieces!  :doh: :-[. I did take a couple of photo's but can not load them to the gallery yet.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: Scale Model Scenery Safety Railings
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 05:30:29 PM »
Okay, a couple of pictures showing the railings in place. (A reply from @Newportnobby on another post reminded me how to shrink the pic's - taa!). The pictures are not brilliant quality and show a lot of shadow, but you get the idea.

David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £250.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £175.00
Below Goal: £75.00
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything