!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Shops in central London ?  (Read 5094 times)

Offline Jerry Howlett

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
Re: Shops in central London ?
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2012, 12:59:05 PM »
Glad (!!) to hear about the Engine Shed as I've just returned from a UK trip.  I had planned a trip to Leytonstone but wife and daughter requests meant I had to stop at Stratford (Westfield shopping Mall).

My sympathy with you as I had to visit Westfield last month on our UK visit. Hell on earth, luckily there was a / is ONLY ONE pub on the edge that served a variety of fine Ales.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Offline sotarn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21965
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 04:46:27 AM »
Back home again - it was a great trip and I did get some things with me back to Sweden.
I did find Wheels of Steel, it was in the same building as before but on the upper floor (just as red_death wrote). Sadly he only had 12 - 15 wagons in N-scale the day I was there (no locomotives or anything else), well well, better luck next time I visit your island. (I did buy one of the wagons  ;) )
Also got one "3-wagon-set" and some cardbuildings from ModelZone. So I'm quite happy anyway  :)

Maybe next time I have some more time to visit the other shops you all proposed.

Thanks for your help  //  Sotarn

Offline tgv_obsessed

• N Gauge Society Number: yes
  • 2mm Association Number: no
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 05:07:39 PM »
+1 vote for the signal box
running in is so you get used to the noise, oops, to bed the gears down properly

Offline Richey1977

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 03:21:29 PM »
Another one for the Signal Box.

I made my first visit there on Saturday morning, and regretfully only had 10 minutes in there before I had to be somewhere else.  As I live in Dartford, it shouldn't be too difficult to visit the place on a regular basis - it would certainly beat trying to beat the clock and get to Modelzone in Holborn on a Friday afternoon (a poor model shop, and getting worse) before they pull the shutters down at 6pm.

As it happens, the missus and I dined at the Thai restaurant opposite TSB a short while ago.  I can probably drag her along with me.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £60.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £95.00
Above Goal: £35.00
Site Currency: GBP
158% 
May Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal