!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol Easi Shunt Couplings: Spring or No Spring  (Read 206 times)

Offline Mr Bassman

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Dapol Easi Shunt Couplings: Spring or No Spring
« on: January 07, 2019, 08:03:39 PM »
Being relatively new to N gauge and still completing layout, I have become confused over the Dapol easi shunt couplings which I wish to convert to. Some are quoted as having a spring and some are not. Are the couplings with a spring more reliable or does it make no difference to their operation/reliability. Advice would be helpful.  :thankyousign::dunce:

Offline Paul-H

• N Gauge Society Number: 27678
    • Awards
Re: Dapol Easi Shunt Couplings: Spring or No Spring
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 10:33:28 PM »
Dapol do 3 different couplings, the standard Rapido that comes fitted to all their stock as standard, then the easi shunt which have the spring and can be uncoupled by the use of a magnet and finally their Nemcoup which is the smallest of the three

They are all separate system and do not work together

All the easi shunt's come with springs, they don't do a version without a spring, although many of us have a few without springs as they are easily lost;)
Please excuse any poor spelling, I am Dyslexic, just think yourself lucky if you can actually read what I typed.

All tiepin as bean spell chequed on mi Pea Sea

Offline Mr Bassman

• Awards
Re: Dapol Easi Shunt Couplings: Spring or No Spring
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 11:33:51 PM »
Many thanks Paul-H

That clears my dilemma.  :beers:

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00