!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Cavalex Models Redland/Lafarge PGA  (Read 1456 times)

Offline woodbury22uk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: PGA aggregates hopper to be made by Cavalex
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2019, 07:16:57 PM »
The deadline for expressions of interest has been extended to get this project over the line.

“The uptake and interest in the 2mm version PGA has been steady, however we aren’t quite at the pre-order target yet. Over the past couple of weeks we have seen a significant increase in pre-orders and hope that by extending the pre-order period and moving the deadline until the 15th of April will see us achieve the level of required orders for production to go ahead.”

If anyone has been holding off on committing to these PGAs, now is the time to lend support. There are images of the CADs on the expression of interest page.

http://cavalexmodels.com/?page_id=89

@RBE

« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 04:03:59 PM by woodbury22uk, Reason: Changed my post title »
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
Re: Cavalex PGA
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2019, 02:22:12 PM »
Regrettably not for me.

If it were a Yeoman PGA the answer would be a lot different.

Bob

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2019, 03:17:00 PM »
Just a suggestion, after I've ended up here more-or-less coincidentally, but the title of this thread is "Cavalex PGA".

Now, I can't be the only one who has (had) no idea what a "Cavalex" or a "PGA" are, I'm sure I've seen the thread before and wrote it off as "something about some weird post-privatisation stuff about which I know and care zilch"...

Something like "Cavalex to produce PGA hoppers in N gauge" would probably have attracted my attention ("Ooh! A new manufacturer is thinking of producing a wagon!") and an actual explanation in the first post of what a PGA wagon is would have been even more helpful (there are some explanatory PDFs linked later in the thread, but the page linked in the first post is only useful if you know what they are in the first place).

Believe me, there are people out here such as myself who may be potentially interested but also require educating about different wagon types and when/where they may have run, which may or may not inspire to a line of thinking such as "ooh I could justify some of those". Which is how I have ended up with a rake of Class B tankers. Just saying, like.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 03:18:30 PM by railsquid »
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Offline woodbury22uk

• N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
PGA aggregates/stone hopper to be made by Cavalex in N
« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2019, 04:05:58 PM »
Good idea @railsquid

Email your expressions of interest to Cavalex Models using the information on this page.

http://cavalexmodels.com/?page_id=89

A simpler way of signing up might be helpful as not everyone seems to be able to understand the process from the webpage.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 04:09:15 PM by woodbury22uk, Reason: Extra info »
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Offline jpendle

• N Gauge Society Number: 23638
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2019, 04:17:42 PM »
I agree. The process of emailing seems a bit 'clunky'. I also struggled to find info on these wagons being used on today's railway, until I clicked on the information tab. I was expecting to find info about Cavalex Models, but got typical consists and routings for the PGA's.

I would have made an expression of interest weeks ago if all this stuff had been easier to find.

But it's always good to see a new manufacturer in N Gauge.

It's also interesting to see on RmWeb that the OO versions of everything seem to get enough expressions of interest really quickly, whereas the N versions really are a slow burn.

I know that OO is a much bigger market, but examples like this illustrate much better the relative size of N and OO.

Regards,

John P

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2019, 04:27:58 PM »
The OO gauge models look superb too. Hoping it gets across the line.

Offline RBE

• RBE Concepts - Shapeways site
    • Awards
Re: Cavalex Models Redland/Lafarge PGA
« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2019, 06:58:27 PM »
Thank you for the feedback guys.

I have changed the thread title as suggested, also regarding the email order process on our site, the 2mm PGA is the last model to use that method of pre-order. We now have an online google form in place that allows you to place your orders by filling out the form which is then sent to us and stored on the cavalex google database.

This has proven to be excellent for our recent BBA wagon in 4mm.

Regards
Cav

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
118% 
March Donations

Advertise Here
anything