!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Freds Workbench Kitbits  (Read 128 times)

Offline Fredastaire

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Freds Workbench Kitbits
« on: December 17, 2018, 12:29:57 PM »

Just a roundup of my recent and projected 2019 work at the bench
Beyer Garrett – i’m pleased to say that ive now run it quite a lot at our club, it turns a few heads. Ive successfully rescued the poor Lytchet castings with Milliput, car filler and finally touches of Cellulose Putty on the primer. It doesnt always like starting up because the longitudinal horizontal alignment needs a very flat track and doesn’t take kindly to a bit of longitudinal twist, i’m wondering about adding a wire from chassis to chassis top brush spring retainers which may help 50% of the lost electrical contact in ‘twist’ situations.

Finally to projects for next year, ive just bought via Ebay two antique GEM kits, the Fowler 2-6-4 Tank Engine for which I have an early black 5 chassis waiting and the Fowler 0-8-0 tender engine for which i might just have an antique 08 chassis – not sure if its any good though. Please can anybody add any construction advice on these two GEM kits? For the 0-8-0 I may also have the remains of an 8F chassis – don’t know if this might fit?

Happy Christmas to you all and thanks for the help you’ve given me.

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £250.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £165.00
Below Goal: £85.00
Site Currency: GBP
66% 
February Donations

Advertise Here