!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Stellwerk-S - one guy models Stuttgart in N gauge  (Read 170 times)

Online Globi

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Stellwerk-S - one guy models Stuttgart in N gauge
« on: December 05, 2018, 04:44:53 PM »
This video is in German, but to cut a long story short one guy Wolfgang Frey made this 1:160 scale model of Stuttgart all by himself for over 30 years - it's incredible! The track layouts are all highly accurate and it's like a snapshot of Stuttgart city in the late 70s. Without Google maps, he had to trawl around photographing every element of detail. He had friends in the city traffic division get him exact road plans etc.

As Wolfgang worked in the signal box at Stuttgart, he was able to run model trains in the exact timetablings from various past dates!

Since Wolfgang's death a benefactor has purchased the huge layout and a model railway club has been extracting it from it's hidden-away location under some s-bahn arches and put it on public display in Herrenberg.

Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7o1nyHnOms

Online port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
Re: Stellwerk-S - one guy models Stuttgart in N gauge
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 05:13:34 PM »
That is certainly impressive.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 05:46:49 PM »
Yes, known about that for several years.  I have a magazine article about it somewhere.
I've seen portions of it on show at the Stuttgart convention over the last couple of years, since Stellwerk S took it over and extracted it from its original location!
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Online Globi

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 09:21:30 PM »
Yes, known about that for several years.  I have a magazine article about it somewhere.
I've seen portions of it on show at the Stuttgart convention over the last couple of years, since Stellwerk S took it over and extracted it from its original location!

Lucky you Nick, I'll have to take myself to visit!

Matt  :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £315.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
105% 
January Donations

Advertise Here