!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Latest Farish Autocoach  (Read 461 times)

Offline BR Signalman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20485
  • 2mm Association Number: 5110
    • Awards
Latest Farish Autocoach
« on: December 01, 2018, 10:15:33 AM »
 :helpneededsign:

This is probably in the wrong place to post this, but (Short of a cold chisel and lump hammer!) does anybody know how to get into the interior of the latest Farish Autocoach, please? I would like to add a driver and some punters but can see no way of getting in.

Offline nookfield

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
Re: Latest Farish Autocoach
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 08:12:46 PM »
I haven't got this model but with other recent Farish coaches the body unclips just above the solebar. The roof also generally unclips but you can't always get to the interior.

You just have to make sure that you unclip the handrails from the chassis before trying to remove the body.

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 08:45:52 PM »
The December issue of 'Model Rail' has a piece about fitting DCC in the "updated Graham Farish GWR diesel railcar". In the aricle, it says "The new GWR railcar is easy to dismantle as the body is held in place by four little pips. Ease the lower edges of the sides apart and pull the body upwards until it lifts off". (My italics). I know it is not the same, but might be of some help.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 08:48:36 PM by dannyboy, Reason: added a bit! »
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline BR Signalman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20485
  • 2mm Association Number: 5110
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 09:02:52 PM »
Thank you for the replies. With a lot of brute force and ignorance, I have finally managed to get it apart! There are 6 clips holding it, one each end and one in the middle between the body and solebar. Also, as Nookfield rightly says, unclip the handrails from the body. Not easy but got there eventually. Thank you again.
 :thankyousign:

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £51.00
Below Goal: £49.00
Site Currency: GBP
51% 
October Donations

Advertise Here