!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Stuttgart Show 2018  (Read 468 times)

Offline ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Stuttgart Show 2018
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2018, 01:42:51 PM »
Is the Stuttgart show the main event for N in Germany, or one of many? I have to confess I was a little surprised at how few visitors there were on a Saturday.

The N-Club guys seem to participate in several shows a year in various configurations and collaborations with other clubs.  The thing about the Stuttgart show is the N gauge part is billed as the European N Scale Convention, and as such has several other large clubs and societies contributing modules or layouts.

Most years I've been to the show they've gone for connecting as much as possible together to create the huge systems, but I don't think that happens every year.  Come to think of it, the last time I took the layout out in 2016 with the East Surrey guys was a "stand-alone" year. I still have memories of the Hungarian guys starting to erect very high and very narrow boards and wondering if they would fall over! In the end they had the whole thing as a huge sturdy oval.

I don't think I can ever recall the show feeling packed like we get in the UK, the hall complex is so vast people naturally spread out. It's quite relaxing actually.  Some other parts can get busier, eg. the electronics and tech hall.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Claude Dreyfus

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 12216
  • 2mm Association Number: 4949
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Kanjiyama -JR Eastern in the Springtime
    • Awards
Re: Stuttgart Show 2018
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2018, 06:19:59 PM »
Is the Stuttgart show the main event for N in Germany, or one of many? I have to confess I was a little surprised at how few visitors there were on a Saturday.

Regards

Julian Thornhill

A group from our club went to the Cologne show a couple of weeks ago. Mainly manufacturers present, with some layouts a couple of N) and a few traders. It is a big show. There is a big show at Dortmund (at one point Europe's biggest), which has had a fair amount a N present in the past

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here
anything