!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: GWR ROD  (Read 2712 times)

Offline Roy L S

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: GWR ROD
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 11:59:34 PM »
You're a star!

I think this is the only locomotive class I know of that started off with a Belpaire, and then was subsequently rebuilt with a round-top!

B12 and D16?

Online Snowwolflair

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 12:22:43 AM »
I have uploaded it.   It is not cheap but that's Shapeways for you. 

https://www.shapeways.com/product/8N7BJ29WV/rod-belpaire-firebox-conversion-or-for-similar?li=shops&optionId=163712055

Now as it has not been test printed, Shapeways will moan to me about the tapers on the side being too thin, and they will no doubt remove the feathered edge, however that where you would need to fill to blend to the boiler so should not present a problem.  The print is a bit longer than needed to allow the cab end to be adjusted to the spectacle glasses version you choose.  hope this helps.

Online Snowwolflair

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 12:30:59 AM »
In need of cab number plates (on order), some coal and to blacken wires and pickups, but substantially there.  Will now sit on my shelf to allow paint varnish and the rest to harden and there will be a final touch up when the plates arrive, with possibly a little weathering.

A quick aside, the plates I added either side of the worm and painted black look much better than a brass worm showing and I will do this again on other models.

Offline PGN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 7306
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2020, 07:07:38 AM »
You're a star!

I think this is the only locomotive class I know of that started off with a Belpaire, and then was subsequently rebuilt with a round-top!

B12 and D16?

Didn't know of them ...  :P
Pre-Grouping: the best of all possible worlds!

I would rather build a model which is wrong but "looks right" than a model which is right but "looks wrong".

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
108% 
August Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal