!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: MP3 player for background sounds  (Read 61 times)

Offline Geriatrix

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
MP3 player for background sounds
« on: June 28, 2020, 10:12:15 AM »
I've been experimenting with playing ambient sounds, birdsong, church clocks, that sort of thing, currently using bluetooth from a tablet to a bluetooth speaker under the layout. I've been using the sounds from this excellent website http://www.theblatchingtonbranch.com/soundscapes/ Surprisingly effective, done in moderation and at low volume.

What I'd like to do is simplify it by recording an hour long file of sounds (mostly silence!) onto an MP3 file to be used in an MP3 player, which can either be hard wired to a speaker or use bluetooth. The important thing is to find an MP3 player that will autoplay as soon as it has powered up from an external source, without having to press any play button. The only ones I've been able to find are designed to plug into car lighter sockets. This is do-able but not very elegant. The watchwords are cheap and simple, which rules out Arduino and the like.

Does anyone know of such a player?

Offline ntpntpntp

• Awards
Re: MP3 player for background sounds
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 10:32:09 AM »
Plenty of them out there, for less than a fiver.

This is the first ebay "hit" I got. Just needs a 5V supply and load the file to a TF card or usb stick

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MP3-player-module-with-speaker-terminals-and-3-5mm-speaker-jack-socket-UK/252171981713?hash=item3ab69f1391:g:84oAAOSwrYRckpkv
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 10:35:34 AM by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Geriatrix

• Awards
Re: MP3 player for background sounds
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2020, 10:39:13 AM »
That's brilliant, thanks so much, looks to be EXACTLY what I've been searching for. Birdsong and barking foxes here I come! :-)

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal