!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol HST news  (Read 1938 times)

Offline robert shrives

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 8743
  • 2mm Association Number: 4424
    • Awards
Re: Dapol HST news
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2019, 07:46:01 PM »
hi
Yes trying it on with Dapol !!  Agree with you we have XC , GWR and SCR,  XC and GWR have  TGS with one sliding door! and XC has its TCC catering - a fine fleet of five vehicles  and another 5 first with access for all bog!!  SCR have had some  406xx micro buffets as well and a fleet of trailers be it  standard or first ,  5 shells required I think we might get 2 TGS / normal but catering might go to the wall - does that work for the "readership?"   

David , thanks for that - It prompts me to recall that with the TRSB/ RFM muddled shell available I was hunting for a   4 window saloon and LNER staff called 40805 the "mongrel" as it was their only TRSB ! So it made sense to make a reasonable compromise to do the set it ran in , hence as you say 8 car set. All clear as mud !!
cheers
Robert     

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2019, 07:49:19 PM »
thanks clear as mud to me !

what is dapol's response ?

Offline davidinyork

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2019, 08:00:45 PM »
hi
Yes trying it on with Dapol !!  Agree with you we have XC , GWR and SCR,  XC and GWR have  TGS with one sliding door! and XC has its TCC catering - a fine fleet of five vehicles  and another 5 first with access for all bog!!  SCR have had some  406xx micro buffets as well and a fleet of trailers be it  standard or first ,  5 shells required I think we might get 2 TGS / normal but catering might go to the wall - does that work for the "readership?"   

David , thanks for that - It prompts me to recall that with the TRSB/ RFM muddled shell available I was hunting for a   4 window saloon and LNER staff called 40805 the "mongrel" as it was their only TRSB ! So it made sense to make a reasonable compromise to do the set it ran in , hence as you say 8 car set. All clear as mud !!
cheers
Robert     

The XC sets also have a TS with a disabled bog, but the same bodyshell could probably be used as for the TFs in the sets.

The 408xx are ex-TRSBs, converted internally with a larger kitchen and one side window panelled over so that it's functionally the same as a TRFB, and first-class seating fitted. It was one of the VTEC spares, but was put into the ex-EMT set as it's more similar to the others in the fleet than the ex-EMT bufet, which became a spare instead.

To be honest this isn't the best set for a model as it normally runs with the EMT-liveried power cars and it's very rare to see it with two VTEC / LNER ones.

Offline robert shrives

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2019, 08:04:35 PM »
Well it was not a hard no !  But with sales effort in with the rapidly growing O market and the ever present 00 market we are now fighting for limited tooling time.  As a bunch we need to prove N still has a place as the implication is its a visibly reducing market share -   No doubt for may reasons but the cost of building models does not differ much as its the labour  that is the major cost -  same as Triang TT and 00 back in the day. 

Living in hope anyway !
Robert

Offline robert shrives

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2019, 08:11:10 PM »
https://coaches-library.weebly.com/mk3---trfb-408xx.html

A quick look on above shows two fine pics of 40805 as done  in the spirit of the VTEC buffet. As ever unless we stump up lots of dosh for tooling it will be that seemingly anathemaic  solution of a great British compromise  with catering and N gauge HSTs and levels of detail.

Robert   

Offline davidinyork

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2019, 08:14:18 PM »
https://coaches-library.weebly.com/mk3---trfb-408xx.html

A quick look on above shows two fine pics of 40805 as done  in the spirit of the VTEC buffet. As ever unless we stump up lots of dosh for tooling it will be that seemingly anathemaic  solution of a great British compromise  with catering

Prior to VTEC acquiring the second ex-EMT set, 40805 was a spare and could appear in any set.

Offline carderrail

• Awards
Re: Dapol HST news - missing TS
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2019, 08:54:21 PM »
Just a warning.... got my VTEC set and it has the two power cars a dummy and powered both numbered 43312!

Anyone got my 43311??

Regards

Tony

Just received my Virgin East Coast HST. Lovely model and good that those of us mad enough to run a full length set donít have to wait for months to get the relevant carriages.....Well almost as they only make four Trailer Seconds whereas VTEC HSTs normally  run with five within a nine car set. Anyone know why?
Antony

Online crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2019, 08:59:53 PM »
could you not contact the supplier in first instance or renumber yourself ?

Offline Chris Morris

• Ridgacre Branch & Little Aller Junction
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2019, 09:24:30 PM »
Well it was not a hard no !  But with sales effort in with the rapidly growing O market and the ever present 00 market we are now fighting for limited tooling time.  As a bunch we need to prove N still has a place as the implication is its a visibly reducing market share -   No doubt for may reasons but the cost of building models does not differ much as its the labour  that is the major cost -  same as Triang TT and 00 back in the day. 

Living in hope anyway !
Robert

A dose of reality here. I just hope the class 50s sell out which will encourage Dapol to do more. I bought a blue and grey HST bookset plus four extra coaches to go with the class 50 I don't yet have. I also reckon I could just about run my blue western - but with a bit of modeller's licence.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal