!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: "Gold Hill" - A micro-layout..... In a bread bin!  (Read 3233 times)

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: "Gold Hill" - A micro-layout..... In a bread bin!
« Reply #75 on: January 29, 2019, 08:54:04 AM »
I agree. Definitely do not overdo the greenery. Do it a bit at a time and take time to see how it looks.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline AlexanderJesse

• Awards
« Reply #76 on: January 29, 2019, 09:28:53 AM »
Added a couple of yard lights on the retaining wall and laid the yard's gravelled area. It all looks a bit fresh and clean so I'll add some weeds and maybe a couple of climbers up the retaining wall. I may even weather the gravel a little to make it look a bit more grubby.
Definitely coming alive...  :greatpicturessign:
I'm still not 100% decided on exactly where to put the controls and what to do with the front corners so I'm happy to hear any thoughts or ideas.
Controls...
where: just beneath the point
type: something like this: https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/railway-points-lever.html
=================
have a disney day
vapour is just water and therefor clean

Offline Pjlons83

• Awards
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2019, 09:56:32 AM »
type: something like this: https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo/railway-points-lever.html

I do like the idea of something like that. My only issue is height. The lid of the bread bin is curved so I lose height quite quickly with it being so close to the front. Does such a thing exist "off the shelf" in n gauge?
Gold Hill - my rule 1, “just for fun” micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

Offline Pjlons83

• Awards
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2019, 08:38:01 AM »
Not much to report today as I spent most of last night picking bits of gravel off of the track everywhere that the a rogue piece of ballast tried to escape and scupper the shunter!

I did put some temporary power onto the yard lights though just to check the effect;

I also mocked up the "control panel" which gave me a few ideas...... hopefully more to follow in the next few days.

Gold Hill - my rule 1, “just for fun” micro layout;

Clouds Hill - My first layout currently on hold;

Offline AlexanderJesse

• Awards
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2019, 08:57:33 AM »

I do like the idea of something like that. My only issue is height. The lid of the bread bin is curved so I lose height quite quickly with it being so close to the front. Does such a thing exist "off the shelf" in n gauge?
Looking at your last pic... why not place it  in the front right corner? Using bowden rods and angle connectors to move the point. The angle connectors can also be used to provide the necessary ratio...
=================
have a disney day
vapour is just water and therefor clean

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £160.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Below Goal: £95.00
Site Currency: GBP
41% 
July Donations

Advertise Here