!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Globibahn SBB Layout  (Read 61790 times)

Offline Globibahn

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Globibahn SBB Layout
« Reply #2055 on: June 06, 2020, 07:41:30 PM »
Yeah, brass screws would be my approach because that's how I've always done it and it works for me  ;) 

The way I do it with Peco track is to remove about an inch of sleepers from the middle of the piece that will cross the join, mark two lines (the rails) and fit 4 screws - two either side of the board join. Adjust the screws until they support the rails correctly, solder and then cut the rails with a razor saw so the gap is as narrow as possible.  Sleepers can hen be replaced.

As you're using Fleischmann track you'll need to work out how to remove some sleepers and ballast from the middle without totally destroying it.

Cheers Nick, that's what I'll do! No worries removing sleepers, it's bare track (ex Roco) not pre-ballasted.

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #2056 on: June 07, 2020, 01:15:18 PM »
Effort 1 didn't quite go to plan. I lack large clamps so I tried to make a little shelfette to balance the extension on for installation. However it comes up a little too high for some reason.

Will have to buy some long reach clamps and screw it that way instead.

Anyway, taking the opprtunity to see roughly how it will look. Remember a big corner is getting cut off, as well as some general width. Otherwise when I sit and watch TV it's in my peripheral vision!

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #2057 on: June 07, 2020, 01:44:20 PM »
Use pattern marker's dowels to locate the extension accurately.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Easy-Fit-Brass-Baseboard-Alignment-Dowels-Pattern-Makers-Dowels-Model-Railway/222534535660

(These are mounted a little lower than I usually would, but I had to ensure clearance under the track at the edges, for point motors etc.)

Then use bolts or clamps to secure the boards together.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 01:48:52 PM by ntpntpntp »
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #2058 on: June 07, 2020, 06:10:43 PM »
Use pattern marker's dowels to locate the extension accurately.

Cheers Nick!

Online ntpntpntp

• Awards
« Reply #2059 on: June 08, 2020, 10:34:56 AM »
We were discussing Eaos type wagons recently.  I noticed this morning on ebay  some new listings for generic unlettered wagons by Evemodel.     Available in brown, green, grey, yellow it seems, and as singles, doubles or triples.

I've ordered a single brown version just to see how they compare for size and quality.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1pc-2pcs-3pcs-N-Scale-40ft-Gondola-Car-Grey-1-160-Open-Wagons-Railway-Model/373077805705

We shall see in due course if they're any good.   I've heard of Evemodel in terms of things like street lights and other accessories on ebay, but not rolling stock.
Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline swisstrains

• My N Gauge Forum Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #2060 on: June 08, 2020, 11:07:59 AM »
I saw these a few days ago on one of the German forums and because of their 1:150 scale it was suggested that they could be used as a RhB Rollschemel load. Might be of interest to the Kato 1:150 modellers on the forum.
John

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #2061 on: June 09, 2020, 05:30:31 PM »
I'm not sure if Globis are available in 1:160, maybe I should scratch build him? :hmmm:

Offline mika

• Awards
« Reply #2062 on: June 09, 2020, 06:43:34 PM »
 :hmmm:
Yes, I think you should  :D

Mind you, I think it wouldn't be too much of a problem for you after what we've seen from you.

Best,
Michael

Offline swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #2063 on: June 09, 2020, 08:58:51 PM »
Happy new "Stadt Basel"  :claphappy:
John

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #2064 on: June 09, 2020, 09:26:46 PM »
Happy new "Stadt Basel"  :claphappy:

Thanks John, I've wanted this loco for absolutely ages!  :D :thumbsup:

Offline swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #2065 on: June 09, 2020, 09:44:31 PM »
Your green Austrian loco looks good with your EW ll's but the Ae6/6 looks even better. :thumbsup: Glad you're pleased with it.
John

Offline Globibahn

• Awards
« Reply #2066 on: June 09, 2020, 09:51:43 PM »
Your green Austrian loco looks good with your EW ll's but the Ae6/6 looks even better. :thumbsup: Glad you're pleased with it.

Thank you, agreed!  :beers:

Offline Jim Easterbrook

• Retired research engineer.
    • Personal web site
    • Awards
« Reply #2067 on: June 10, 2020, 10:31:14 AM »
I saw these a few days ago on one of the German forums and because of their 1:150 scale it was suggested that they could be used as a RhB Rollschemel load. Might be of interest to the Kato 1:150 modellers on the forum.

I'd take that 1:150 scale with a pinch of salt, given that the item description says 1:160. I've just received some model shipping containers that were advertised as 1:150 but are actually 1:162.

Offline swisstrains

• Awards
« Reply #2068 on: June 10, 2020, 10:42:09 AM »

I'd take that 1:150 scale with a pinch of salt, given that the item description says 1:160. I've just received some model shipping containers that were advertised as 1:150 but are actually 1:162.

Were they from a well known maker Jim?
John

Offline Jim Easterbrook

• Retired research engineer.
    • Personal web site
    • Awards
« Reply #2069 on: June 10, 2020, 10:47:13 AM »
Not well known to me. Ebay seller "everestmodel". They're nicely made, with magnets so they clip together. They'll do as background scenery rather than loads on a 1:150 wagon.

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
July Donations

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal