!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: A History Of Japanese Railways  (Read 531 times)

Offline rogerfarnworth

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 14689
    • Awards
Re: A History Of Japanese Railways
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2019, 08:59:13 PM »
The Kiso Forest Railways - Part C

This next post covers another of the significant 762mm railways in the Kiso Forest. The Ogawa Forest Railway. This railway was connected directly to the Otaki Forest Railway.

http://rogerfarnworth.com/2019/02/21/japanese-narrow-gauge-762mm-lines-part-4-the-kiso-railway-part-c-the-ogawa-forest-railway

Offline rogerfarnworth

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2019, 09:32:34 PM »
The Kiso Forest Railways - Part D

Further South down the Kiso River is the town of Nojiri. There was a significant network of 762mm railways in its immediate vicinity and in the Atera River Valley. The Nojiri Forest Railways are covered in this next post.

http://rogerfarnworth.com/2019/02/25/japanese-narrow-gauge-762mm-lines-part-5-the-kiso-railway-part-d-the-atera-valley-and-the-nojiri-forest-railway

Offline DarrwestLU6

• N Gauge Society Number: 28089
  • Getting back into N after a long break!
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2019, 12:07:25 PM »
Wow Roger - really detailed and so many photos! I am assuming you must live and / or work in Japan?

Offline rogerfarnworth

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2019, 12:28:58 PM »
Wow Roger - really detailed and so many photos! I am assuming you must live and / or work in Japan?

No, I don't.

I have developed in interest in these lines and have done some research on-line. I have used google translate where I can and one friend in Japan has translated a few things for me as well. I am amazed at just how large the network of logging lines was in the Kiso Forest.

Offline rogerfarnworth

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2019, 04:24:41 PM »
The Kiso Forest Railways - Part E

I am indebted to a number of Japanese language websites for many of the photographs in this series of posts. I am glad to say that I have been able to contact the site owners and have full permission to reproduce the photographs from their sites.

You will see that I am particularly grateful for permission from the site owner of 'rintetsu.net' for many of the photos in this next post.

On that site you will find considerably more photographs of the route covered here.

This next post covers the Forest Railway which leaves the JR Chuo Line at Yabuhara in the Kiso Forest area - The Ogiso Forest Railway.

http://rogerfarnworth.com/2019/03/01/japanese-narrow-gauge-762mm-lines-part-6-the-kiso-railway-part-e-the-ogiso-line-from-yabuhara

Offline rogerfarnworth

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2019, 08:37:00 AM »
The early history of Japanese Railways is covered in exemplary fashion in a book by Dan Free.

This is my review of the book.

http://rogerfarnworth.com/2019/03/19/book-review-early-japanese-railways-by-dan-free

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £55.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
May Donations

Advertise Here
anything