!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Linked Events

• The International N Gauge Show (TINGS): September 14, 2019 - September 15, 2019

Author Topic: TINGS 2019, 14-15 September  (Read 12232 times)

Offline emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
Re: TINGS 2019, 14-15 September
« Reply #165 on: September 14, 2019, 08:49:21 PM »
Did anyone see Mr Kato there?

This fella, who insisted in interrupting me and Maurice (Osborns) while we were having a chat? :D

Kidding! He is a genuinely nice chap and true model rail enthusiast.

Not sure I recognise the faces...

...but the hat seems familiar!

:D

Looks like Mr Kato seems happy to meet the public.

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Online RailGooner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #166 on: September 14, 2019, 09:21:56 PM »
First stop for me had to be...

A chance to say hi to Mike, Paul, and Gareth. And look at samples, samples, samples!

Images © Mark Adedeji, on Flickr
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 12:13:25 AM by RailGooner, Reason: change image source to flickr »
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Skyline2uk

• Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: September 14, 2019, 09:45:17 PM »
Right

Typing this half asleep so may be even more nonsense than usual....but want to get thoughts out now.

That was certainly my best TINGs as a visitor (with NGS doesn’t count, that’s just a boys weekend) and way up in my list of best ever model railway shows.

Spoke to so many people including layout operators (all happy without fault, special mention to the fab guys on Brook Lane who let me play), traders, the NGS mob, manufactures (Andy assures me Dapol ARE doing the 59 in N) and of course my fellow forum members.

Met Mr Sutton again, day was of course better for it. @37058 , Sutton St Anne’s and the stock do you credit sir.

@Ben A , @red_death , @acko22 all on form on Revolution. VEAs home with me and samples of KFA, Sturgeons looking great. Nice chat with Ben about the challenges of getting this far and oooohhh come on the 92s! Could I find home for a 56XX? More than likely.

Fiona over at DCC supplies kept me a perfect example of 50015 (which was tested by the NGS boys and I was so happy with it I went and found it a train to haul).

The C-Rail pocket wagons look wonderful, can’t wait for mine to be posted and got some new containers for those and the aforementioned KFAs.

And @Bob T arranged the mug shot. Omar took one with me in and then we swopped so he could be in one. They will appear when Omar gets home after the weekend.

Took many photos of superb layouts and the (surprisingly comprehensive) samples of new stuff from Farish. The latter photos have been shared on the Forum Facebook page but are available if others want them.

Finally, the obligatory photo of my new toys:

Very happy Skyline2uk

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: September 14, 2019, 09:59:39 PM »
@RailGooner

Whoa! Look at all that room :goggleeyes: My last visit was 2016 and so much floorspace was just not there then :no:

Those 56xx locos look like little beauts. Thanks for the pic. Did anyone see them on James Street and, more to the point, did background noise still enable evaluation of running noise?

Offline crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #169 on: September 14, 2019, 10:07:54 PM »
acoustics were poor

could not hear the tannoy / announcements

and the usual humdrum of chat and railway related conversations.  could only watch james street after 3pm, sadly crowds and it was situated in the foyer

Online RailGooner

• Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: September 14, 2019, 10:31:51 PM »
Graham Farish were teasing me with samples of my christmas (this year?) present...

And possible birthday present candidates...

« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 12:09:54 AM by RailGooner, Reason: change image source to flickr »
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline 37058

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 14122
  • 37058 Stafford 29-05-99 1D71 1203 BNS - HHD
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: September 14, 2019, 10:34:56 PM »
All I can say is thank god for the NGF, YouTube and Facebook! From the get go at 10am I didn't get the leave the layout until around 14.30 and that was basically for a toilet break and some grub! It's been such a busy day with non stop operating and chatting. Was certainly a joyful atmosphere, which makes a change at shows these days... Also it's been an absolute pleasure to meet so many of you from here, but I must apologise if I came across a little rude at times when trying to talk, but I had to keep the trains moving for punters. Sadly I cannot multitask :smiley-laughing: The joys of a one man band :doh:

I'll look forward to watching all the highlights on YouTube etc and of course enjoying the photos on here.

I hope you all had a wonderful day and got what you wanted, whether it be bargains, or new releases.

Thank you one and all who came and said hello at Sutton St Annes - I hope you all enjoyed it.

Heres to day 2...

Cheers
Anthony
Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

Ainsley CMD - https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=46246.msg584542#msg584542

Next exhibition for SSA - TINGS - Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th September 2019

Offline crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #172 on: September 14, 2019, 10:44:27 PM »
good to have a catch up anthony

Online RailGooner

• Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: September 14, 2019, 10:53:23 PM »
Doh! :doh: Very early on, I was stood at the end of Sutton St. Annes but there was (understandably) a bit of a crowd. So I moved on intending to return later - it was (weirdly for a model show,) a very relaxed atmosphere and one never had the normal show feeling of 'No, I've managed to force myself within sight of this layout and I'm not yielding now'! But, doh! My dodgy memory strikes again. I forgot to go back to Sutton St. Annes. :-[

Some layouts I did see...

« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 12:08:14 AM by RailGooner, Reason: change image source to flickr »

Online RailGooner

• Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: September 14, 2019, 11:00:42 PM »

« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 12:06:31 AM by RailGooner, Reason: change image source to flickr »

Offline Southerngooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 24642
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: September 14, 2019, 11:02:24 PM »
As far as James Street goes we had a bit of an iffy day with niggly problems but still seemed to keep a good croaks entertained. Thanks to Colin, Ben and Sam for allowing us to run the 56xx, firstly on a small freight and then on s longer coal train. It pulled over 30 wagons up s 1:100 and ran very well with no noticeable noise. There were lots of photos and videos taken so hopefully some will get uploaded here or on YouTube at some point. Looking forward to tomorrow....

Dave

Online RailGooner

• Ebay
    • my Flickr Albums
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: September 14, 2019, 11:13:14 PM »
Yes! I did get to see James Street. :bounce: This was my first time seeing it live. Wow! :jawdropping: The many pictures I've seen of it just don't go anywhere close to conveying the majasty of this layout!

Don't know if I captured RevolutioN's 56xx - these taken ~12:50...

« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 12:04:30 AM by RailGooner, Reason: change image source to flickr »

Offline Graham

• N Gauge Society Number: 20459
  • Modelling modern image
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: September 15, 2019, 12:36:35 AM »
thanks for all the photos so far, keep them coming.

cheers
Graham

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: September 15, 2019, 12:42:52 AM »
Another Antipodean thanks for the photos....

As Graham says, keep 'em coming!!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Littorio

• Awards
« Reply #179 on: September 15, 2019, 02:08:18 AM »
Guy's thanks for posting the photos, so wish I could make it for the first time but as the show opens Sunday morning I'll be off to bed after a night shift.
I'll be making sure I book the time off for next year.
Just starting out

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
December Donations

Advertise Here