!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Revolution Trains - Cemflo PCV Wagon  (Read 6216 times)

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
Re: Revolution Trains - Cemflo PCV Wagon
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2019, 03:15:57 PM »
Will you have samples with you at TINGs ?

Sorry but no chance - we won't authorise tooling until we have sufficient orders to see the project through and then it will take a couple of months.

Cheers Mike

Offline NGS-PO

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2019, 03:17:28 PM »
I don't think I've seen this image before. A very interesting shot with a Railfreight Grey/Yellow 47 at Millerhill.

https://flic.kr/p/26CQm9g
(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Anxiety is a lot like a toddler. It never stops talking, tells you you’re wrong about everything, and wakes you up at 3am.

I get nervous about just about everything. Sometimes I literally don’t know why I’m anxious. I just am and no-one seems to understand that.

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2019, 05:20:52 PM »
Thanks for that Scott - that reminds me I need to pull my finger out and get on with a sample consist sheet for the Cemflos. Particularly later in life there were some really interesting mixed rakes.

The other thing I realised is that we never reported that the Cemflo is in tooling. I need to check with Accurascale when we’re due to get the first EP (but we’ll definitely have it by Glasgow and hopefully sooner!).

Cheers Mike

Offline NGS-PO

• Awards
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2019, 05:30:56 PM »
Thanks for that Scott - that reminds me I need to pull my finger out and get on with a sample consist sheet for the Cemflos. Particularly later in life there were some really interesting mixed rakes.

The other thing I realised is that we never reported that the Cemflo is in tooling. I need to check with Accurascale when we’re due to get the first EP (but we’ll definitely have it by Glasgow and hopefully sooner!).

Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike. That's good news about the tooling. I had a wee concern that maybe numbers uptake was slow, when I hadn't heard that tooling had been given the go-ahead, so that is excellent.

Am I correct in thinking the Sturgeons are in transit?

Best

Scott
(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Anxiety is a lot like a toddler. It never stops talking, tells you you’re wrong about everything, and wakes you up at 3am.

I get nervous about just about everything. Sometimes I literally don’t know why I’m anxious. I just am and no-one seems to understand that.

Offline red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2019, 05:41:34 PM »
The Sturgeons are still at the factory undergoing the final assembly and checks. We’d hoped to have them by now but until they leave the factory it is always a bit of a guess as to exactly how long production will take.

As soon as we know that they’re leaving the factory we'll update people as to when we expect them in the UK ie are they coming by air or sea.

Cheers M

Offline NGS-PO

• Awards
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2019, 05:43:32 PM »
The Sturgeons are still at the factory undergoing the final assembly and checks. We’d hoped to have them by now but until they leave the factory it is always a bit of a guess as to exactly how long production will take.

As soon as we know that they’re leaving the factory we'll update people as to when we expect them in the UK ie are they coming by air or sea.

Cheers M

Thanks. I have misunderstood in that case, I thought they had shipped.

Absolutely no hurry in that regard in any case.

Looking forward to seeing you in Glasgow.

Best

Scott

Offline rusticged

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9108
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2019, 09:57:28 AM »
Hi Mike
Great to hear the Cemflos are in tooling! Faster than I thought.
I won't get to Warley but am looking forward to seeing you, as usual, in Glasgow. Hope Warley goes really well for Revolution!!
Cheers,
Ged.
Rusticged

Layout: 'Leefield & Ashpeth'
Modelling Freelance British outline from the 1960s to the Present day.

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2020, 10:14:24 PM »

Hello all,

First EPs of the upcoming Revolution Trains Cemflo wagons are ready.

For more information see the Revolution Trains news page: https://www.revolutiontrains.com/news/

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: January 04, 2020, 11:20:47 PM »
Hi Ben

They look a tad better than the Tri-ang version of the 1970s, that's for sure.
But the applied livery will make a whole difference.
It's a shame your Revolution photos don't zoom in, as the details under the air tanks at one end are not apparently as exquisite as on the OO versions, but hey we are a smaller scale.
Pleased I have a rake of 18 on order, and looking forward to weathering the silver ones I ordered with a touch of Halfords' grey primer, sorry concrete dust.

Please bring on the Class A Tanks next. Oh and the 128 Parcels Railcars :)

Best regards for 2020.
Bob
« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 11:26:35 PM by Bob G »

Offline ScottishModeller

• N Gauge Society Number: 24524
  • 2mm Association Number: 4622
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2020, 11:31:22 PM »
Hi Ben

It's a shame your Revolution photos don't zoom in, as the details under the air tanks at one end are not apparently as exquisite as on the OO versions, but hey we are a smaller scale.
Pleased I have a rake of 18 on order, and looking forward to weathering the silver ones I ordered with a touch of Halfords' grey primer, sorry concrete dust.

Best regards for 2020.
Bob

Hi Bob,

Go to the website to get the end view photos....

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/news/

Thanks
Phil H
Thanks
Phil Holman

Offline Bob G

• Awards
« Reply #70 on: January 05, 2020, 11:57:28 AM »
Hi Ben

Best regards for 2020.
Bob

Hi Bob,

Go to the website to get the end view photos....

https://www.revolutiontrains.com/news/

Thanks
Phil H

Phil
I did. That's why I was querying the air tanks. The OO ones have superb detailing. I can only think the N ones have lost out a little in scaling down.
Good to see the air line along the body has shrunk in size compared to the first EP though.
Best
Bob

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: January 05, 2020, 01:21:02 PM »

Hi Bob,

There are a couple of caveats to these images: 

1). These were sent to us via Accurascale and are from the factory.  They are not especially high resolution, and neither we nor accurascale has actually seen them “in the plastic” and had a chance to assess and feedback.  Previous experience suggests there will probably be some modifications.

2). The main purpose of the EP1 is to check fit and check that the overall look is right and that the model works (ie can cope with the specified min radii etc.) but some fine detail (such as rivets) is often added later.  I noticed there is no rivet detail on the upper surface of the end.

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline Bob G

• Awards
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2020, 02:32:49 PM »

Hi Bob,

There are a couple of caveats to these images: 

1). These were sent to us via Accurascale and are from the factory.  They are not especially high resolution, and neither we nor accurascale has actually seen them “in the plastic” and had a chance to assess and feedback.  Previous experience suggests there will probably be some modifications.

2). The main purpose of the EP1 is to check fit and check that the overall look is right and that the model works (ie can cope with the specified min radii etc.) but some fine detail (such as rivets) is often added later.  I noticed there is no rivet detail on the upper surface of the end.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Ben

I completely agree. Its a shame they are not high res shots. I hope that RevolutioN can be the intermediary to help make sure this model is as good as the Class B tank. There has never been a true scale model of this wagon in OO until Accurascale came along, let alone in N gauge, and it is an iconic model. That I've got 18 on order shows my commitment, so I want it more than about right.
I've been spending so much of my modelling money recently on wagons its untrue. And the southern I model is not exactly well known for its goods services either. I think that as we run out of locos and coaches to bring to market, it is inevitable that the hard working DMUs/EMUs and wagons will get people's attention.

HNY
Bob

Offline Ben A

• Revolution Trains
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2020, 11:48:05 PM »

Hello all,

We’ve now received the Cemflo samples.

First impressions are good, though we do need to give them a thorough check over.

Some better images taken by us here: https://www.revolutiontrains.com/news/

Cheers

Ben A.

Offline crewearpley40

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2020, 06:21:31 AM »
To achieve that level of detail is stunningly amazing
 Transition era and those modelling 70s / 80s should see this model. The photos are extremely clear

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £52.00
Below Goal: £48.00
Site Currency: GBP
52% 
June Donations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal