!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Revolution Trains - IPA Wagon  (Read 5089 times)

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
Re: Revolution Trains - IPA Wagon
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2019, 09:51:35 AM »
Would still love a rake of the double-deck ones, that would be a sure fire way to get another order from me!

Watching videos of prototypical compositions is a little depressing - they often seem to run as 10+ quad sets, which I'm not about to recreate!

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2019, 10:59:53 AM »
Just looking through Andy Jupe's excellent photos here, and there are some grey covered quad units in 2012, with what look like Hondas in them.

Other photos of grey ones are older, mainly 2005/07, with red ones still being prevalent now.

Online red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
  • Trade Count: (+1)
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2019, 11:10:58 AM »
Would still love a rake of the double-deck ones, that would be a sure fire way to get another order from me!

Hi Nick

Ben and I have spent quite some time trying to persuade Farish to shrink down their IPA-X double deck car carriers without much success so far.  That was part of the reason that we went for the single-deck car carriers - as it fills a gap in missing models for a type of traffic and secondly hopefully it will demonstrate to Farish that there is a market for car carriers and their double-deck carriers would complement ours nicely!

Cheers, Mike

Offline njee20

• Awards
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2019, 11:23:33 AM »
Yes I remember talking to you about that long before you announced these! It's a shame that Bachmann are effectively ruling out producing (or re-running) certain models on cost grounds. They never did the quad sets either (which on the bi-level units are obviously quite different insofar as having two 'inner' wagons).

Still, I think this is a great choice for a model, and thoroughly looking forward to getting my grubby paws on them!

Offline SteveB1510

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 27753
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2019, 01:23:03 PM »
Yes I remember talking to you about that long before you announced these! It's a shame that Bachmann are effectively ruling out producing (or re-running) certain models on cost grounds. They never did the quad sets either (which on the bi-level units are obviously quite different insofar as having two 'inner' wagons).

Still, I think this is a great choice for a model, and thoroughly looking forward to getting my grubby paws on them!

I’ll second that as some of the double deckers would finish a future rake off nicely.  Like the Class 90, hopefully Farish might find room for them in their shrink machine one day...

Offline Farmer chap

• Awards
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2019, 05:40:08 PM »
Just wondering if there is enough height clearance on the wagons with built in roofs to accomodate transit vans or do

these only run with car loads and the open wagons take the higher vehicles.

Online red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2019, 03:38:54 PM »
Honest answer is I don't know whether a transit would fit under one of the covered IPAs - I suspect not, but best to have a look for some pictures - Mark has answered in the post below that shows some Transits fit. Certainly on this shot all the vans are on uncovered flats with and without stakes: https://www.revolutiontrains.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/IMG_8199-1024x576.jpg

Ben has uploaded one of his sample train formations documents to our website: https://www.revolutiontrains.com/what-car-carrier/

Hope that helps some people!

Cheers Mike

« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 04:30:48 PM by red_death, Reason: Correction following Mark\'s post »

Offline Vonzack

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 20933
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2019, 03:58:15 PM »
I think a standard transit van will fit, this picture from Martyn Read's excellent site shows Transit Chassis Cabs in them

https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/I/IPA-Vehicle-carriers/IPA-B-STVA-4-unit-covered/i-7hSk2gg/A

Whereas the long wheelbase versions are on uncovered wagons

https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/I/IPA-Vehicle-carriers/IPA-A-STVA-vehicle-flats/i-h8X25T4/A

But of the pictures I'd mostly say vans are carried on the open wagons. These are going to be interesting to model with tight curves

https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/I/IPA-Vehicle-carriers/IPA-A-STVA-vehicle-flats/i-FPBfrXj/A

https://ukrailwaypics.smugmug.com/UKRailRollingstock/I/IPA-Vehicle-carriers/IPA-A-STVA-vehicle-flats/i-3cr5MNb/A

« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 04:00:30 PM by Vonzack »

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2019, 05:33:52 PM »
Standard cabs/bodies will fit in the covered wagons. High top bodies won't fit. So even if there's only a single high top amongst the consignment, the whole train will likely be uncovered.
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Offline Merrylee

• Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2019, 10:12:37 PM »
Well got my order in. Looking forward to these.

Ron

Offline woodbury22uk

• N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2019, 12:50:44 PM »
Thinking again about loads for the covered wagons I saw these on the RailNscale site. But at £9 might be a lot too expensive for me. A simple resin casting with a bit of paint would suit me better.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/P4YUTAL6M/12-wrapped-cars-n-1-160?li=shareProduct
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Offline Vonzack

• Awards
« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2019, 01:19:22 PM »
A simple resin casting with a bit of paint would suit me better.

@woodbury22uk, exactly what I'm thinking of doing for them, shame Oxford don't do a larger selection of modern cars, at the £5 price point, they would likely shift an awful lot of them.

Offline Skyline2uk

• Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2019, 01:23:08 PM »
A simple resin casting with a bit of paint would suit me better.

@woodbury22uk, exactly what I'm thinking of doing for them, shame Oxford don't do a larger selection of modern cars, at the £5 price point, they would likely shift an awful lot of them.

I have a draft e-mail that I keep forgetting to finish and send to Oxford asking this very question.

The IPAs mean there is even more scope for sales across a range of era now.

Skyline2uk

Offline Vonzack

• Awards
« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2019, 02:05:55 PM »
Looking at Oxfords 1:76 range, there's a good few could be shrunk from the latest eras, such as:

Land Rover - Freelander / Discovery
Range Rover - Sport / Evoque / Vogue
Jaguar - XE / XF / F-Pace
Ford - Galaxy / Ka / Custom

Online RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
  • I'm supporting Soldier F
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2019, 02:17:20 PM »
It would be good if OD could offer bulk packs - say 10x - of suitable vehicles. I'm much less concerned with the damage a purchase of 20x Jaguars would do to my wallet, than I am the damage it would do to the environment with all that packaging! :headbutt:
“We are indebted to those soldiers who served with courage and distinction to bring peace to Northern Ireland,” UK Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson said. “The welfare of our former service personnel is of the utmost importance.”

Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit | Utrinque Paratus | Caveat lector

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £155.00
Above Goal: £100.00
Site Currency: GBP
282% 
August Donations

anything