!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Suggestion - Metro-Vick Class 28 Co-Bo  (Read 4088 times)

Offline mark100

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion - Metro-Vick Class 28 Co-Bo
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2018, 03:51:16 PM »
Any chance of the battery box/underframe part being listed separate ?

Regards,

Alex
pm the guy who designed it and ask him.

he told me that Shapeways were increasing prices on everything and that all his kits that were currently sold as individual parts will be compiled into one listing to keep costs down

You cant get better than a Betta Fish

Offline mark100

• Awards
« Reply #91 on: December 04, 2018, 04:15:42 PM »
Just received this from my model maker.

Offline Dalek

• N Gauge Society Number: 24836
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: December 04, 2018, 06:36:16 PM »
Looks really good  :thumbsup:

Offline mark100

• Awards
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2018, 06:35:33 PM »
The BO End bogie side frames have been put on, I was given some Ian Stoate CO BO bits which included the tanks, so I'm using those until the replacement 3D printed tanks and CO end side frames arrive.

:thankyousign:  Mark

Offline Hailstone

• N Gauge Society Number: 17138
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2019, 12:54:47 AM »
I have been working on a pair of CO-BO's and just got the chassis to fit, then found that the couplings were too short due to the body overhanging the bogies by some distance. @mark100 suggested using BH enterprises extra long whitemetal couplings but although longer, I found that they cause buffer locking on 12 inch radius points (medium radius to you) a certain amount of head scratching followed by a flash of inspiration, why not try the extra long couplings that came with the early Dapol autocoaches? so I robbed one coach of its couplings and attached them to one of the Co-Bo chassis and tried again. result? SUCCESS!

The autocoaches that I robbed were tried out with the left over BH enterprises couplings and a Dapol 14xx and I can confirm that they worked ok as the later models seem to have had shorter couplings, no doubt due to the huge gap the originals caused between engine and coach. I am a much happier hector today

Online Jerry Howlett

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2019, 07:57:28 AM »
Going great Alex.  I think you tried to explain this to me on Wednesday but you were interupted by another pint arriving. :pint: :pint:

Are the couplings NEM ? as I don't want to rob your Auto coach as again thanks to your Tracksetta I have 15" minimum radii.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2019, 10:45:00 AM »
The early Autocoach couplings were not NEM.
The later Autocoach couplings were - and those bogies are now shared with the Siphons which is why the siphons have such a horrendous gap between them.
Dapol of course made great play in publicising the siphons being "now fitted with NEM couplings"...

Bob

Offline Hailstone

• Awards
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2019, 10:58:22 AM »
Going great Alex.  I think you tried to explain this to me on Wednesday but you were interupted by another pint arriving. :pint: :pint:

Are the couplings NEM ? as I don't want to rob your Auto coach as again thanks to your Tracksetta I have 15" minimum radii.

Jerry

No Jerry, Bob, neither the loco bogies or Autocoaches use Nem style couplings, I am fortunate enough to have had 3 of the old style autos to hand, but I will be in touch with DCC supplies to see if they have any of the old style long couplings on Monday

Offline Hailstone

• Awards
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2019, 07:08:28 PM »
A little progress made, but I am not yet satisfied with the bodies, a little more sanding and filling to be done, but I couldn't resist trying them out, so out came the Conflats and the Condor rides again!

ah well, back to work I suppose

Regards,

Alex

Offline GScaleBruce

• Hillhead & Dales Light Railway blog
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2019, 10:37:22 AM »
Been following this with interest. Appearing shortly on Steinheim am Main, a non-motorised Co-bo which sits on a rolling chassis. The plan is that it will run with a companion locomotive, probably a two-tone green class 24. I know they could not operate in multiple, but you do see photos of a Co-bo working with a second engine - including a steam engine - if, for example, the steam heat boiler had failed. The project will have to pause now, as I'm awaiting some long shank Rapidos from Shapeways before I finish the bogies and attach the side frames.

Bruce
My layout - Steinheim am Main

Online Jerry Howlett

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11284
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2019, 04:15:21 PM »
A little progress made, but I am not yet satisfied with the bodies, a little more sanding and filling to be done, but I couldn't resist trying them out, so out came the Conflats and the Condor rides again!

ah well, back to work I suppose

Regards,

Alex

I have not been on the forum for a while so missed this.

Must say, they are looking great Alex, still I now will have to get my layout ready for the arrival even if it means buying a few dozen more conflats.

I know the work is delayed due to a permanent way incident...

Get well soon Alex

Jerry

Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2019, 05:33:09 PM »
looking good alex / jerry

superb loco and photos. afraid i m not old enough to ever have seen one for real, ive heard the stories on the hendon - gushetfaulds condor. hope your foot rests and a speedy recovery and good to meet at ally pally jerry. chris
blue / grey era diesels / electrics and suitable stock

Offline GScaleBruce

• Hillhead & Dales Light Railway blog
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2019, 11:44:12 AM »
So... my take on the Shapeways Co-Bo as painted and decalled by AEM. It sits on a rolling chassis made up from Farish spares from BR Lines, with the Shapeways bogie sides attached to the (hacked about) Farish bogies. I'm not entirely happy with what I've done, especially at the "Co" end, as ideally the bogie sides should be closer in to the wheels; I'm wondering whether to have another go. Taken from this view, it also looks a tad high, which is a little frustrating as I spent ages trying to get everything to sit level and buffer up correctly. Couplings are long shank 3D printed ones (Shapeways again); I'm wondering if it's practical to paint them black?

Would welcome any thoughts from more experienced builders; this is the first time I've attempted anything like this.

Bruce
My layout - Steinheim am Main

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
127% 
April Donations

Advertise Here