!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Suggestion - Metro-Vick Class 28 Co-Bo  (Read 4235 times)

Offline Karhedron

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19444
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion - Metro-Vick Class 28 Co-Bo
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2018, 12:06:01 PM »
The front windows were changed at some point around 1960/1961, from wrap-around glass as built to more traditional flat glass panes with thicker pillars at the edges of the cab. This means the BR blue or green with yellow panels models will need different cabs to the as-built green with no warning ones models.

Actually this problem can be avoided. At least one member of the class (D5705) received the modified windows while still in green livery (no YP). This means that you can make all livery variants from a single tooling.

Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Online Hailstone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17138
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2018, 05:01:27 PM »
Or a 31 chassis with a 25 bogie?

Need to get something bought!
Happy to buy one Mark, but would still like to know what chassis it will fit please. Was planning on the Farish 20 with a 31 bogie?

Andy

A little research shows the class 28 wheelbase at 42ft 9in and the class 31 at 42ft 10in, so you will need a class 31 chassis and a class 20 bogie. this will not be that cheap a build if you need to buy 2 locos to build one, maybe find someone to share the cost of a class 20?

Regards,

Alex

Offline BramptonBranch

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »
Well it looks like two chassis from eBay, body shell from Mark some one to paint it and a lot of money!

Still I seem to remember one going on eBay for in excess of 300.

and I so want one!

Offline Arrachogaidh

• N Gauge Society Number: 8539
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2018, 12:29:45 AM »
Keep dreaming! The 28 is as elusive as the 21/29. Much as I'd like them both, or all three!   :goggleeyes:
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Offline Dalek

• N Gauge Society Number: 24836
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2018, 10:52:16 AM »
With 3D printing these days could a chassis and suitable bogies not be produced to make it more of a kit/cheaper than having to use two locos ?

Offline mark100

• Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2018, 12:01:57 PM »
Keep dreaming! The 28 is as elusive as the 21/29. Much as I'd like them both, or all three!   :goggleeyes:

Can I clarify that its not a A.E.M kit, we do not get any money from the kit sales.

I just asked the guy just to design the body because I wanted one for myself and a few others on the Facebook N Gauge forum where interested, so he went ahead and did it.

As I said in a message further up on this thread, this guy will be doing some more BR outline loco's after Xmas, there is a list on the Facebook page of possible candidates. Once we know more I will post up info and will learn how to add photos to the group.

Our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/aemngauge/

There are bogie side frames and a battery box for this to, they have to be purchased separately,

We will be offering painted samples via our Facebook page,

We are just waiting on our model maker Gareth to complete 1 of these, but if anyone on here is following the Facebook page, you will see that he has a few other projects to clear which are actually my own locos and not for retail.
Once he has completed those, he will do the Co Bo and produce some photographs.

I have asked Gareth that if he wants to and has time to write instructions out,then to do it, but its not a A.E.M kit, so we are not obligated to do so.

I have purchased a Poole Class 31 and a Class 20 chassis as a bogie donor and asked Gareth to look into using those.

Cheers Mark

« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:03:13 PM by mark100 »
You cant get better than a Betta Fish

Offline mark100

• Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2018, 12:28:56 PM »
Here is the 1st shell that we received, there was a printing defect on the other side which Gareth has fixed.

The second shell arrived this week, there was no defects regarding detail, but the print lines were deeper on this than on the 1st shell. Once Gareth gets to work on it, I will post some photo's up.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 12:31:48 PM by mark100 »

Offline mark100

• Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2018, 06:07:47 PM »
An update from the guy (Gareth) who is painting the Co Bo kits for us

Last night he spent 10 - 15 minutes with some P1000 - P1500 grade sand paper and worked on the 2nd shell against the print lines,

The print lines run from end to end, so he went from the top to the bottom and removed the majority of them.
there are window frames and grills, so you need to work around them.

there was some markings which can be seen in the photos I have attached to this post, but he is saying he has got rid of them and has given the shell a couple of light sprays with the airbrush to highlight anything he has missed.

he is away for the weekend but will send me the most recent photo's on Monday morning.

Offline mark100

• Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2018, 06:14:21 PM »
Well it looks like two chassis from eBay, body shell from Mark some one to paint it and a lot of money!

Still I seem to remember one going on eBay for in excess of 300.

and I so want one!
I don't think Gareth is going to be asking around the 300.00 price range, he is asking for 4 or 5 people who want a BR Green version for example and he will do the 5 in 1 hit.

He has just done 4 x HS4000 Kestrels and the painted shell was around 135.00 each and they all looked great.

Offline BramptonBranch

• Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2018, 09:46:16 PM »
Re the 300 price tag, if I remember correctly that was for an Ian Stoate complete model, chassis painted etc, on eBay. I think  130 ish seems about the going rate.

The GF chassis with two different bogies makes it dearer.

Still needs must and I must have one!! :no: :no:

Offline BramptonBranch

• Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2018, 09:51:20 PM »
Under 20 plus postage for the body shell on Shapeways, do you need s battery box or the one of the 31 chassis?

Offline Bob G

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 16057
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2018, 11:44:29 PM »

Can I clarify that its not a A.E.M kit, we do not get any money from the kit sales.

I just asked the guy just to design the body because I wanted one for myself and a few others on the Facebook N Gauge forum where interested, so he went ahead and did it.

As I said in a message further up on this thread, this guy will be doing some more BR outline loco's after Xmas, there is a list on the Facebook page of possible candidates. Once we know more I will post up info and will learn how to add photos to the group.

Our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/aemngauge/

There are bogie side frames and a battery box for this to, they have to be purchased separately,

We will be offering painted samples via our Facebook page,

We are just waiting on our model maker Gareth to complete 1 of these, but if anyone on here is following the Facebook page, you will see that he has a few other projects to clear which are actually my own locos and not for retail.
Once he has completed those, he will do the Co Bo and produce some photographs.

I have asked Gareth that if he wants to and has time to write instructions out,then to do it, but its not a A.E.M kit, so we are not obligated to do so.

I have purchased a Poole Class 31 and a Class 20 chassis as a bogie donor and asked Gareth to look into using those.

Cheers Mark

Some of us are not Facebook devotees.
I thought the point of this forum was to be a consistent point of contact with N gauge modellers.
Not to have different sets of available information, depending on your point of access.

Sorry for being such a dinosaur. But i would love to have participated in the development of this beast on the main forum.
As i guess would have been many others.

Bob

Offline mark100

• Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2018, 12:28:41 AM »
The Facebook page makes life easier, I appreciate that everyone does not use it and will update on here when I know something

I did say in a previous thread it is not a A.E.M kit

We was not involved in the development but asked someone if they could do it and they seemed happy to progress with it and did not come to us for any information or ask for anyone else to help design it.

The dummy chassis I have mentioned is for double heading if someone wants a second loco as a cheaper option.

As soon as our model maker has finished the models we have, then I will know more.

Mark

Offline Arrachogaidh

• N Gauge Society Number: 8539
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2018, 01:05:11 AM »
Sorry to disagree Mark but you should share all info here! Many people dislike Facebook although I do use it for various things.

True N Gauge issues should always be on the Forum here.

Facebook is an anathema to many people.

Please reconsider!

Cheers.
(Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery)

Offline mark100

• Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2018, 01:15:28 AM »
I did say in my previous post that I would post on here from now on.

It will more than likely be information on new items and example of finished products and not the daily banter that we post up on the Facebook.

Cheers Mark

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £55.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
May Donations

Advertise Here