!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: TRAXEDITOR plan  (Read 169 times)

Offline thephatmaster

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
TRAXEDITOR plan
« on: November 29, 2019, 02:51:23 PM »
Howdy all,

I'm planning a new 2'x3' in Kato (trams) and Peco (trains).

I am clunking along using TRAXEDITOR as it seems to be the only multi-platform solution with both track types available (I have no Windows or Mac machines)

Hopefully perseverance will mean that I will eventually make something that works. I am at the moment struggling with various basics (like connecting points where I want them to connect, not the default locations, connection points going missing)

If there is easier software I'm missing (ignoring windows or Mac only solutions) do let me know. If not, stand by for a janky looking track plan!

Offline themadhippy

• Awards
Re: TRAXEDITOR plan
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 04:27:41 PM »
If there is easier software I'm missing (ignoring windows or Mac only solutions
presume your using linux? if so  scarm https://www.scarm.info/index.php runs  with wine.

Offline thephatmaster

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2019, 06:17:58 PM »
Thanks @themadhippy - after having that little rant I also saw there track-cad-thigy is Linux native - will have to give that and SCARM a go...

Annoyingly I wanted to plan on the go (on my phone or tablet) but I'm happy to spin up a whole PC for the task

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2019, 08:09:11 PM »
 :hellosign:
    Can recommend SCARM, very easy to use after watching the introduction videos.
      regards Derek

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £85.00
Above Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
142% 
January Donations

Advertise Here
anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal