!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Transport models Preston  (Read 1228 times)

Online Merrylee

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Transport models Preston
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2018, 10:28:09 PM »
Is it far from the station.

I sometimes change trains here if I'm going to Liverpool.

If wasn't to far could wangle a visit.

Ron

Offline squit13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25030
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2018, 11:02:14 PM »
Is it far from the station.

Just over a miles walk I think. A touch far for walking if just changing trains. Busses arent hugely convenient either if memory serves.

I try to visit when I holiday in the lakes. Always enjoy my visit. I hope they stay in business!

I love the architecture in the area. Somehow its functional but also interesting!

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 01:12:50 PM »
Popped down this morning and snaffled a dozen small code 55 electrofrogs as insurance against Peco producing only Unifrog, along with a Hillman Imp (Oxford Diecast) as my uncle had one for years. Shame it's green as I only ever remember the sky blue model.
Anyway, I got talking to one of the sons of the owner and he said the debt owed by Oyston was in the many millions hence his assets being frozen, but they may not have to move. When I queried why discount all stock if you may not have to move, his reply was they cannot find large enough premises and, if they do have to move, they have too much stock and the move will be very quick!
As has been said before, locos are 10% off and pretty much everything else 25% off but this ends this Saturday 29th September.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2019, 01:52:02 PM »
 :bump:
Visited Transport Models again today as I needed some paints and other bits for my diesel brake tender project. Still in the same place. 20% off all marked prices but this ends 2nd March. Not attending the Preston show owing to the costs involved - 4 people at the show and 4 attending the shop in their absence. When I queried 'Why 4?' the reply, sadly, was the light fingered brigade are often out in force at shows and they can't have any less eyes on the stock. A sad reflection of the times. ::)

Offline Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2019, 02:06:18 PM »
Glad this shop is hanging on.

But

When I queried 'Why 4?' the reply, sadly, was the light fingered brigade are often out in force at shows and they can't have any less eyes on the stock. A sad reflection of the times. ::)

I have to agree, I know of at least one other major retailer that has declined further show (not Preston) attendance due to pilfering.

Very sad indeed  :(

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £55.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
May Donations

Advertise Here
anything