!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: How To Convert Kato Double Tram Track To Single  (Read 650 times)

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
How To Convert Kato Double Tram Track To Single
« on: June 15, 2018, 10:23:25 PM »
I wanted a single tram track on the layout, but the Kato tram track only seems to be available in double track, so I thought I would have a go at converting it to single track. Here is how I did it -

The original piece as bought -

Turn the track over and you will see two rows of tiny screws, the two middle ones need removing -

Then, using a straight edge, score straight down the middle. There is, conveniently, a row of tiny dots to follow.  The centre, lighter coloured,  piece has an 'appendage' which fits into a hole in the base, but it is easy to prise off. The lighter piece down the middle will come off and separate into two pieces. Now score along the base piece until it separates. You now have four pieces -

The two centre strips are then glued onto the two track pieces, I used polystyrene cement which seems to have worked okay -

The finished product -

Addit: Just a slight amendment to the above. The screws are only on the shorter piece of track, (TWS124), and not on the longer piece, (TWS186). Otherwise, the instructions for splitting the longer piece are the same.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 01:00:02 PM by dannyboy, Reason: More info\' »
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline Redcap

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Iím having a senior moment.
    • Awards
Re: How To Convert Kato Double Tram Track To Single
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 05:03:44 PM »
Very useful information David. Thanks for posting.
Thank you for reading my post.
Paul

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here