New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: A japanese exhibition layout ( Climb to KURAMA )  (Read 3516 times)

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
Re: A japanese exhibition layout ( Climb to KURAMA )
« Reply #135 on: August 19, 2018, 10:53:33 AM »
Jef,

You need to do it. When the editor sees your work, you'll probably be invited to do multiple articles!

Steve Flint is the boss of UK Railway Modeller, but I have no idea about CM.

The trick is to email them or simply send an article to them!

Forum member Roger has been invited to write multiple articles about his Wrenton layout!

Mate you have to get it published!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline Bluebottle

• If its a smooth runner its got a home on my layout
    • Awards
« Reply #136 on: August 19, 2018, 11:50:11 PM »
Hi Jef,

Do not worry about your English!!, you are making yourself understood, even we struggle with it at times!, anyway when they see your eye popping work, (the check rail is a masterpiece!!!!) I'm sure they can sort something out, the attention to detail is truly epic!!!
                                   Very, very well done.

Offline Bubule

• Awards
« Reply #137 on: August 20, 2018, 08:33:34 PM »

Hello !  :D

Many thanks for your supports all !  :thumbsup:

So i have mailed Continental modeller, and propose them a subsciption with my US layout Turtle Field.
And i have been contacted by the editor Andrew BURNHAM. So if i am able to provide good photos it is in good way ...

I am so happy guys.  :bounce:

:beers: Many thanks for encouraged and pushed me to contact the mag. I hope all will go well . . . Fingers crossed guys  :thankyousign:
Jef

D&RGW still alive ! ! !

Offline Claude Dreyfus

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 12216
  • 2mm Association Number: 4949
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Kanjiyama -JR Eastern in the Springtime
    • Awards
« Reply #138 on: August 20, 2018, 08:46:44 PM »
Andrew Burnham is a very approachable chap and always on the lookout for articles. There are a few articles from overseas authors, so I wouldn't worry about your English, which is perfectly fine.

In any event, I have had three articles published by CM, so they can't be too picky...

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2018, 10:51:04 AM »
Jef, I don't know what you do for a living but clearly there is an opportunity here for you to become a professional modeller or at the very least do some commission work for wealthy clients.
If your scenic work is anywhere near the level of your engineering work this is going to be a stunning layout, makes me want to rip up my own Japanese effort and start over.
Also like your nod to one of the great American railroads in your signature, I may have missed it but have you also built a D&RGW layout and do you have pictures of it?
Keep up the great work, I believe you will be an inspiration to many.

Offline kelstonlad

• Awards
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2018, 12:01:02 PM »

It's arriving to all modelers ! I have the idea of my layout 5 years ago ... and it's have taken five years to crystallize. I hope you will found your way to built soon. It's always better to take the some time to reflect and do a great design before launching the built.

Best regards.

Jef

So happy to read this! I've got at least another four and half years to keep changing my mind.

- Andy

Offline Bubule

• Awards
« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2018, 05:08:08 PM »
Jef, I don't know what you do for a living but clearly there is an opportunity here for you to become a professional modeller or at the very least do some commission work for wealthy clients.
If your scenic work is anywhere near the level of your engineering work this is going to be a stunning layout, makes me want to rip up my own Japanese effort and start over.
Also like your nod to one of the great American railroads in your signature, I may have missed it but have you also built a D&RGW layout and do you have pictures of it?

Thanks for your comment !

For sure i have built a N scale D&RGW layout  ;) ... during 15 years ! I have started it in 2003. It's named The Turtle Field Railroad.It will be the subject of the first article in Continental Modeller Mag. Here a is a video with a Rio Grande coal train :

And here is an overview of the layout, you can see more vids on my youtube channel ( suscribing is not a bad idea  :smiley-laughing:) :

There is a long thread there, describing some parts of the built on the forum  :

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23144.195

The older photos are not still availables, but i think you can still have a good idea of the job done there.

I have started an enormous extention project : Spirit of Denver. But there so many long and huge  scratchbuilding projects in that extention that i need to escape a little bit before returning to work and finish it. (Kurama is my escape door). It's a ten years project, difficult to keep motivation at the top all the time ...  :'(

To made some model to sell it to some customers ?  :hmmm: I'm thinking about it, my next layout after Kurama should be a test to made a layout for sell. Just like a test. I am not sure to be able to live from that sort of work.  :-[
Jef

D&RGW still alive ! ! !

Offline Lawrence

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Closed
    • Awards
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2018, 07:17:01 PM »

Thanks for your comment !

For sure i have built a N scale D&RGW layout  ;) ... during 15 years ! I have started it in 2003. It's named The Turtle Field Railroad.It will be the subject of the first article in Continental Modeller Mag. Here a is a video with a Rio Grande coal train :

And here is an overview of the layout, you can see more vids on my youtube channel ( suscribing is not a bad idea  :smiley-laughing:) :

There is a long thread there, describing some parts of the built on the forum  :

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=23144.195

The older photos are not still availables, but i think you can still have a good idea of the job done there.

I have started an enormous extention project : Spirit of Denver. But there so many long and huge  scratchbuilding projects in that extention that i need to escape a little bit before returning to work and finish it. (Kurama is my escape door). It's a ten years project, difficult to keep motivation at the top all the time ...  :'(

To made some model to sell it to some customers ?  :hmmm: I'm thinking about it, my next layout after Kurama should be a test to made a layout for sell. Just like a test. I am not sure to be able to live from that sort of work.  :-[

Quite stunning Jef, clearly your scenic work is as good as your engineering work, the palate of colours the little details, stunning, quite stunning. If I saw that at a show in the UK it would get my vote.

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2018, 05:15:59 PM »
@Bubule
Hello Jef. Has there been any further progress on your Climb to Kurama please?

Offline Bubule

• Awards
« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2018, 08:09:06 AM »
@Bubule
Hello Jef. Has there been any further progress on your Climb to Kurama please?

Hello ! Unfortunately there is no progress ...  :-[  I have lot's of work and many other obligations that have temporary stopped the construction. I hope to be able to return to business soon.

I also have worked with Ian (Big thanks !! ) to make an article about Turtle Field layout in CM mag. Andrew Burnham think that the artical could be published in early 2019.

Thanks a lot for your message, it gave me motivation to come back to the hobby !  :beers:
Jef

D&RGW still alive ! ! !

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: November 11, 2018, 08:14:09 AM »
Good to hear from you again!  :thumbsup:

Yeah, life tends to get in the way sometimes. :beers:

Looking forward to CM!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Online grumbeast

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #146 on: November 15, 2018, 08:28:44 PM »
Just catching up on this thread, Wow!  thats some incredibly impressive modelling Jef, especially as I'd like to build a small Japanese layout to act as an escape from my bigger one.. such an inspiration and cant wait to see more

Graham

Offline Bubule

• Awards
« Reply #147 on: November 16, 2018, 05:24:45 PM »
Thanks a lot guys ! :beers:

Here is a photo of the work in progress on the Double Tunnel Portal on the left of the layout :

It's made with the noch foam stone walls. Lots of work remain on the adjustments (with Putty) and painting, but you can see where i whant to go with this scene.

More to come ... i hope soon but nothing is warranted  :-[
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 05:25:46 PM by Bubule »
Jef

D&RGW still alive ! ! !

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £120.00
Above Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
218% 
December Donations