!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Heremead  (Read 592 times)

Offline Tackleberry

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Heremead
« on: June 10, 2018, 11:06:18 AM »
After a lot of thinking and planning Iíve FINALLY decided on a layout (and got some stock for it too)!!!
Basically as Iíve had an interest in stone trains and class 59s ever since my 3 years at Reading station in 2001 Iím going to try and build a layout very loosely based on Foster Yeomanís Merehead depot hence the working title Heremead lol
The stock Iíve got I actually found on Shapeways and is 3D printed!!
Iíve got 2xJUA tipplers (inner and outer), a PHA box wagon, a JHA hopper wagon (a favourite of mine) and a class 59/0 body shell.
Iíve got a couple of books with track plans of Merehead and Iíll adapt it to the space I have available...

Offline RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: Heremead
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 12:23:21 PM »
I have a liking for aggregate traffic myself, so will enjoy following this thread. :thumbsup:
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 12:39:34 PM »
I look forward to hearing more about Heremead.

Offline Tackleberry

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 09:23:28 AM »
A little change of plan as if I actually base it on Merehead then Iíll need to spend hundreds of pounds on just wagons!!
Instead itís keeping its name of Heremead but will be very loosely based on elements of Whatley (which is also more convienent for me to take photos etc).
Being based a little on Whatley means I donít need as much stock as Merehead but will need a few rakes loaded and empty as they get shunted to/from the quarry.
I have the track plan sorted in my head but itís basically a circle of track (with the fiddle yards inside) and the actual TMD/wagon repair and fuel point on the outside and 2 short running lines for the trains to/from the quarry...

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 09:42:30 AM »
Sounds good to me! Didn't know about the 59 bodyshell, shame it's only a 59/0, I always liked ARC and Hanson, which have markedly different light clusters, and I suspect other differences. I've often thought of committing heresy and just repainting a 66 as a 59. I reckon it'd look acceptable from a distance!

Dapol have a 59 which has been 'on and off' a few times, currently off, but may yet come to fruition. The OO gauge one looks superb. They're also doing the O&K JHAs in OO, to be seen if they shrink them, but other wagons have been shrunk lately - HIA, MJA etc.

There are a few more aggregates wagons out there than there were (particularly once the Dapol HIA comes out), but it's still not the best covered for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:44:21 AM by njee20 »

Offline PostModN66

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17980
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 10:04:47 AM »
Great!!!

Let's see a plan.....!!

Cheers Jon  :)
ďWe must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected.Ē ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Offline Tackleberry

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2019, 09:10:41 AM »
Great!!!

Let's see a plan.....!!

Cheers Jon  :)

Iím afraid itís all in my head at the moment... :-[
Iíve also found a source of more hopper wagon kits from Worsley Works - the ARC/Hanson JHAís... :thumbsup:

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2019, 01:05:33 PM »
They're "scratch building aids" rather than kits. I don't doubt, for one second, that if you're skilled at building brass kits you can get a great result out of them, but my foray was not successful, they're rather fiddly, at best!

You also can't get the LTF-25 bogies in N, that are so distinctive on the JHA. So you need to scratchbuild those, or compromise and fit something else. The exhibition layout Atlantic Road has a nice rake in ARC using re-purposed JGA bodies on scratchbuilt LTF bogies which look good, even if not quite accurate.

If you are into kits then there are O&K JHAs (the Yeoman ones) on Shapeways, and Mendip Rail JNAs IIRC. Not cheap, but they look good.

Edit: here you go, JHA and JNA they do 'inner' JNAs too.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 01:13:18 PM by njee20 »

Offline Tackleberry

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 05:01:09 AM »
They're "scratch building aids" rather than kits. I don't doubt, for one second, that if you're skilled at building brass kits you can get a great result out of them, but my foray was not successful, they're rather fiddly, at best!

You also can't get the LTF-25 bogies in N, that are so distinctive on the JHA. So you need to scratchbuild those, or compromise and fit something else. The exhibition layout Atlantic Road has a nice rake in ARC using re-purposed JGA bodies on scratchbuilt LTF bogies which look good, even if not quite accurate.

If you are into kits then there are O&K JHAs (the Yeoman ones) on Shapeways, and Mendip Rail JNAs IIRC. Not cheap, but they look good.

Edit: here you go, JHA and JNA they do 'inner' JNAs too.

Iíve got a Shapeways JHA and a JNA and a pair of ex PTAís too :)
And a class 59 body shell from them as well :)

Online njee20

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 11:34:10 AM »
Just another 19 of each and you're away ;)

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £250.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £175.00
Below Goal: £75.00
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything