!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Shrewford, BR Sectorisation 1986-88  (Read 8988 times)

Offline 1977joey

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Shrewford, BR Sectorisation 1986-88
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2019, 08:05:11 PM »
:greatpicturessign:
Looks soooo realistic! Very cool!

Thankyou Darrwest, glad you like it  :thankyousign:

Hi Everyone,

Over the last week or so I've managed to get the platforms constructed. I've always used the metcalf one's as they're solid once done, tho this pack I've not been too impressed with the adesive flagstone platform edging which has been lifting since it's been added on, so will have to glue it down in places.

Mark,
Which Metcalfe platform kit are you using, is it the PN110 (red brick) or PN135 (stone)? What are the widths of your platform runs serving platform 6 and 7 and the one serving 4 and 5?

Also, where did you obtain the station lights from? Are yours operational?

Thank you, Robin

Hi Robin, have sent you an inbox  :thumbsup:

A delight.

Thankyou James  :thankyousign:

brings back memories and   still stunning modelling

Cheers crewearpley   :thankyousign:

Mark - that last pic is an absolute stonker :goggleeyes:

Glad you like it Newportnobby  :thankyousign:, Once the football ground is complete & the Abbey area, I'll be able to take more pictures of the south end of the layout

are we looking at a real life class 33 ?

i also remember seeing class 25 's on the crewe cardiff 's and
 the pwllheli cambrian lines  - those were the days !!!!!

Crewearplay, I'm currently renumbering a Large logo Class 37 into 37426 'Y Lein Fach/Vale Of Rheidol', & once I have obtained another, 37429 'Eisteddfod Genedlaethol' which will be working my Cambrian Coast Express to Aberystwyth & also the Snowdonian to Pwllheli on summer saturdays  ;)

Mark - that last pic is an absolute stonker :goggleeyes:
:hellosign: Gotta agree I had to look twice  :thumbsup:
      regards Derek.

Many thanks Derek  :beers:

Cheers for now,
Mark

Offline 1977joey

• Awards
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2019, 09:24:53 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to say that the Shrewford Town Football ground is now complete. I took on Newportnobby's advice to squeeze in the 4th stand as Grounds with 3 stands are not common. This has been added just below the embankment where the Abbey stands. So Cheers Mick  :beers:

First of all are the Floodlights, which are made from styrene truss plus to give the impression of the lamp grid at the top, I had some old OO gauge fencing which I cut to size & attached to the top, looks the part. Maybe one day, I may have some working one's!

The ground now complete, just needing the added details around it such as fencing, car park, vegetation & also the Abbey embankment needing some detailing.

A DMU from Wolverhampton is approaching Shrewford past the ground

And comes to a stop to deposit all it's passengers in Platform 5

A Class 47 in Network SouthEast livery is on the Liverpool to Cardiff which then arrives at Platform 7

And then departs on it's journey south after getting the signal for the Hereford line

later the Margam to Dee Marsh steel coil train approaches Shrewford, there is a crew change once the train comes to a stand in centre road (Down goods)

And finally a last side on shot of the Football ground. The area beyond the track yet to be fenced off.

Cheers for now,
Mark

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2019, 09:30:55 PM »
fabulous - super work on gay meadow/ st joeys ground.

love the shots of the class 37 on the steel train and the class 47
looks like your copping the locos with the camera on the platform or some vantage point. the shots of the steel train entering the station with the last wagon leaving the  bend and the low light gleaming off the 47 and the leading coach add to the flavour,the atmosphere you have created. chris

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2019, 10:11:38 PM »
Great modelling and pics, Mark.
(Good to see the perspex along the side of the track ;))

Online cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2019, 12:03:04 AM »
 :hellosign: Many thanks Mark, football ground looking superb & more  :greatpicturessign: 
    regards Derek.

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2019, 07:45:30 AM »
That's a nice series of pictures.  Thanks Mark.  :beers:
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2019, 08:21:18 AM »
Looking good.
As a football fan floodlight pylons were always a way of locating grounds in the days before sat navs.
Sadly , most grounds no longer have the tall pylons so itís good to see them recreated in model form.
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2019, 08:45:18 AM »
In my day. . . Football grounds were a landmark. And . . Then there were the crowds. Players, officials, t v crew or just the cowshed nearest point the train was, sorry the away supporters end

Offline mickster04

• N Gauge Society Number: 26540
  • The sing of the rails, music to my ears
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Links to mikes online presense
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: May 06, 2019, 12:40:49 AM »

Back in the days of Boothferry Park! (or later known as 'Fer Ark' after the back-lighting started failing!)

Hull City's east stand had halt much like Old trafford does nowadays. And the new KCOM stadium (or is it The Circle now, it's been a while) is right on the triangle junction outside Hull Paragon, so there is potential for a railway link there for sure!

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2019, 06:40:28 AM »
Morning. That is one interesting study of the class 37 presumably phntographed at hull travelling from the doncaster direction ?

Offline mickster04

• N Gauge Society Number: 26540
  • The sing of the rails, music to my ears
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • Google+
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Links to mikes online presense
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: May 06, 2019, 06:49:04 AM »
The trains were before my time but the ground wasn't! It will have been travelling southbound.. But that's all I know!

Online Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2019, 08:05:58 AM »
The train in the picture is just crossing Boothferry Road on the docks loop line going South.  Although I now live just outside Hull, it's a bit before my time.  The train might have been routed round the loop from Paragon Station or it's just possilbe that there it was a passenger train coming from the passenger ferry terminal.  I remember the stadium from about 1989 when I was navigating my way from North Hull round the ring road on my Kawasaki GT750.  As I turned right onto Boothferry Road, the stadium was on the opposite corner. 

The stadium was immediately behind the wooden platform and I assume that the exit would have been along the platform onto Boothferry Road where the main entrance to the North Terrace, which was used for away supporters, was just off to the left.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Online crewearpley40

• Awards
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2019, 08:11:07 AM »
 thank you. Interesting caption.

Offline DarrwestLU6

• N Gauge Society Number: 28089
  • Getting back into N after a long break!
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2019, 07:25:49 PM »
Lovely pictures of the layout Mark! Keep them coming, you have a great selection of locos and stock!

Regarding the floodlights, I reckon you could get some white micro LED's glued on the floodlights at the back if you fancied it, and run the wires down the back of the truss so they can't be seen, but with the lights facing forward and angled down to the pitch so you'd see them on but they'd not be too distracting. You can also increase the value of the resistor you wire in series (usually 1k for a 12v DC supply) to make them less bright.

There's some available here: https://www.railroomelectronics.co.uk/ and I was inspired for this idea by the level crossing tutorial of Kevin (@Phoenix) of Windmill Hill fame - see this at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=45048.new#new

Offline 1977joey

• Awards
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2019, 01:47:46 PM »
Hi Everyone,

thanks for the great comments, & Darrwest cheers for the gen on on electrifying the floodlights. Currently none of my layout has any working lights, this is something I need to brush up on & hopefully at a later date I can look into it. I would love to see how the station would look if it had working lights at night time. Hopefully, sometime in the future.....

Well not much done to the layout as the weather has been so nice but I did have a couple of running sessions before having to tidy up my garden the other day. Here are some pictures took which I posted to the facebook group which I thought I'd share here too...

This was Tuesday's 1050 Sprinter from Shrewford to Aberystwyth service collecting it's passengers from Platform 6. With the nice weather the 2 car set is very 'Cosey' with loads of daytrippers heading to the coast. In the summer timetable this diagram will be loco hauled during July & August. Also a Class 56 is seen with a steel train for south wales

The next day A Banger Blue Class 47 rounds the bend on the approach to Shrewford & is routed into Platform 4 with the terminating 'InterCity' from London Euston. A Hybrid 3 car Class 150/1 with a 150/2 centre car coupled to a regular 150/1 making up a 5 car formation is on the Pwllheli/Aberystwyth to Birmingham New Street at Platform 5 & a Class 101 2 car DMU is being prepared to form a Swansea via Heart of wales service from Platform6.

Cheers for now,
Mark

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £15.00
Below Goal: £45.00
Site Currency: GBP
25% 
December Donations

Advertise Here