!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The angry thread  (Read 507805 times)

Online railsquid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
Re: The angry thread
« Reply #6225 on: November 12, 2019, 03:04:15 PM »

I dunno, my former Finanzamt (tax office) managed to track me down two moves away in Japan to send me a long letter admonishing me for not submitting a tax return, then an even longer letter telling me they'd done it for me and worked out they owed me money. Meanwhile some idiots seem hellbent on removing my right to return to live there for no good reason, which is a whole other story, on the other hand it's the kind of country where they turn up to install the optical fibre internet and apologise for the inconvenience of being early and it has just worked ever since.

This is a very german thing to do. I've lived here for the most part of my youth and it's a very interesting country.

Still, the internet issue is annoying me greatly. And I don't like the DB-type trains. Not enough stinky diesels.

For a few years in the 1990s I lived in an apartment overlooking the tracks next to Warschauer Strasse station in (former East) Berlin, and every afternoon around 4pm a Ludmilla would turn up and spend some time idling in direct view before taking a Talgo sleeper rake on what I presume was a circuitous journey to wherever it started its revenue service from (IIRC Bhf Zoo).

I was delighted to find stinky diesels still doing a similar job in 2014:

P1020950 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

If it's any consolation I had to wait about 2 years to get an actual telephone line in said apartment, mind you that was before the internet was really a thing.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 03:06:23 PM by railsquid »
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Offline Doltic

• Crazy about Deltics
    • Awards
« Reply #6226 on: November 12, 2019, 03:18:28 PM »
[

I was delighted to find stinky diesels still doing a similar job in 2014:

P1020950 by Rail Squid, on Flickr

If it's any consolation I had to wait about 2 years to get an actual telephone line in said apartment, mind you that was before the internet was really a thing.

Stinky diesels are good!

Sadly not Deltics tho. Still, nice and stinky.
Who needs steam

Offline Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
« Reply #6227 on: November 13, 2019, 09:00:22 PM »
Eon update:

Case raised with Ombudsman.

I am now after additional compensation, because Eon have let it get this far.

Honestly if they just resolved it on first complaint I would be signing their praises.

Skyline2uk

Online stevewalker

• Awards
« Reply #6228 on: November 13, 2019, 10:51:47 PM »
Eon update:

Case raised with Ombudsman.

I am now after additional compensation, because Eon have let it get this far.

Honestly if they just resolved it on first complaint I would be signing their praises.

Skyline2uk

Yes. More than once I have been happy to promote the virtues of companies to friends and family when they have dealt with problems or mistakes well - even more so than a company that I have not experienced any problem with! Equally, I have warned many people off companies that have failed to quickly resolve a problem of their making.

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £35.00
Below Goal: £25.00
Site Currency: GBP
58% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything