New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Dapol DCC ready locos - what to do with extra 'bits'  (Read 539 times)

Offline lendix

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Dapol DCC ready locos - what to do with extra 'bits'
« on: March 26, 2018, 05:00:02 PM »
I've just been rash and treated myself to a birthday present of a Dapol Schools Loco 'Shrewsbury', DCC Ready (I'm not into DCC as yet, so will be running on analogue layout, at least for the foreseeable future.) It a delightful model but within the package are a lot of little extras. Obviously, some are alternative couplers, but there are a couple of packages which I don't have a clue about, such as delicate strips etc.. Some might be to do with DCC-ing, but other look like model 'additions'. If anyone also has acquired a Dapol Schools (or any other loco model for that matter), do they know what these bits are? Also, Dapol has a new guarantee arrangement 'providing maintenance instructions have been kept'. I enquired of Dapol direct on both these issues, but they simply replied, no instructions issued. Which is less than helpful. Forum thoughts would be appreciated.

Online jpendle

• N Gauge Society Number: 23638
    • Awards
Re: Dapol DCC ready locos - what to do with extra 'bits'
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 02:14:14 PM »
They are nothing to do with DCC.

They are all detailing parts. I suffer from the same lack of a ‘detail’ eye and would welcome comprehensive instructions as I have no clue what these bits are.

Thankfully on the new Cl68 they provide ‘very’ good instructions.

Regards,

John P

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 04:04:15 PM »

Offline Bramshot

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 10:40:16 AM »
If it is a tender drive with cardan shaft through the cab, are they not a spare cardan shaft, tender to loco connecting wires and a hex bar with a connecting rod nut spanner in one end?

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £120.00
Above Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
218% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything