!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Kato Rhaetische Bahn "SUGGESTIONS for Kato"  (Read 524 times)

Offline retica

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Kato Rhaetische Bahn "SUGGESTIONS for Kato"
« on: March 15, 2018, 10:51:06 PM »
I got the Model Train Plus email newsletter today and there in was something that very much grabbed my attention.

Interested in Swiss?
I would like to hear what Swiss model you want KATO to make.  During the meeting at KATO, they are wondering what to release next like keep releasing RhB rolling stock or new from other Swiss operator.  This is not an official vote or something but at least I will be providing the result to KATO rep as a suggestion.

Please, if you have any suggestions, send them to Nariichi @ Model Train Plus. And post them here as well for everyone to see, thank you.

These are mine  ;)  (copy of email I sent to Nariichi)

First would be a pilot cab car, like RhB BDt 1723 or BDt 1757 and a baggage car, like RhB D 4214 or D 4220 or even BD 2481 to go with the EW I passenger cars.

Next would be some RhB freight cars. Container flat cars like RhB Sb-v 7726, Tank cars like Za 8106, Box cars like Haik-v 5165, Cement transport cars like Uc 8073 or a Ballast or Gravel car like Fad 8734

Lots of good freight car examples on this page:
http://www.bahnbilder.de/name/galerie/kategorie/schweiz~rhaetische-bahn~guterwagen/digitalfotografie/216.html

To follow the RhB Ge 4/4 II line of locomotives would be a RhB Ge 6/6 II as example.

To go another direction would be the RhB 'Crocodile' Ge 6/6 I as a set together with the RhB S Salon wagons.

If Kato wants to do another Swiss Narrow Gauge line, MOB would be next, they can slightly modify the Ge 4/4 III to go as a MOB Ge 4/4 8001-8004 and repaint the EW I or Glacier Express cars in MOB colors as example.

steve

Offline Gordon

• Awards
Re: Kato Rhaetische Bahn "SUGGESTIONS for Kato"
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 01:47:46 AM »
To produce models that would be best for those wanting a realistic range of stock to run on a layout, I agree with the driving trailers and it goes without saying the passenger vans - as they have been a fixture in all Albula rakes for many years (with good research previously they could have been issued at the same time as the EWIs). I could then of course  'chuck away' my Shapeways 3D versions...).

Another fixture in most rakes is one of the Gourminos - as they get tagged onto GEX sets as well as EW sets.

Also, what about EWII

Given that MDS are doing the vans, the order of priority for me in freight would be:
4w Co-Op container wagons
oil Tanker wagons
container wells
cement tanks
Flats

As regards the MOB, I don't think that would work, as the EW coaches are not the same as the Kato RhB model, neither are the Panoramic coaches

If one thinks about it from the point of view of 'what is the most difficult item for an amateur to scratch or kit build', then a ready to run Croc comes way out on top IMO.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 12:21:04 AM by Gordon »
Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Online daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 06:12:20 AM »
Agree with your suggestions re RhB items Steve and Gordon. :thumbsup:

Perhaps they could consider making some new track sections too, like points on curves.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline Gizzy

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 12:42:10 PM »
Agree with all the comments made so far regarding stock, and especially for track and point work.

And I'd Kato to make a double slip please....
Gizzy

Offline Engiadina

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 11:18:28 AM »
As I am about to enter into modelling the RhB in 1/150 scale, here is my wish list:

Ge 4/4 I in both the original and the modernized version
Ge 6/6 I
Ge 6/6 II
G 4/5
EW II
Arosa luggage van
2-axle open panoramic cars
the iconic cement silo cars
container cars
Albula push-pull set

How about more buildings?
Cheers!

Ulrich

"Itīs never to late for a happy childhood!"

Online daffy

• N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 12:16:04 PM »
A goodly list Engiadina, and welcome to the Forum. :thumbsup:

Lots of good advice and ideas here, and we hope to see your own threads on layout design and building in the future.
Do you have any particular area of the RhB you will be modelling, though your Forum name might be a clue I guess?
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline Engiadina

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 03:41:18 PM »
As my handle implies, I will be modelling the Albula or Arosa line, hence the missing of the Bernina rail cars on my wish list. I just sold my HOm layout a few months ago and did not plan on going back into building a RhB-themed layout, but the bug has bitten and I donīt think I can avoid it.

I have made plans for a smallish (maybe portable) layout, but these are not final and could make way for a modular set-up.

Here is my current idea

Cheers!

Ulrich

Offline mika

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2018, 07:58:01 PM »
Hello Ulrich,

welcome to the forum.
I like the plan (and your wish list ;))

:offtopicsign: What size is your proposed layout?

Best,
Michael
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 08:00:45 PM by mika »

Offline Gizzy

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 07:48:37 AM »
As my handle implies, I will be modelling the Albula or Arosa line, hence the missing of the Bernina rail cars on my wish list. I just sold my HOm layout a few months ago and did not plan on going back into building a RhB-themed layout, but the bug has bitten and I donīt think I can avoid it.

I have made plans for a smallish (maybe portable) layout, but these are not final and could make way for a modular set-up.

Here is my current idea

Hullo Ulrich,

I think I've been bitten by the same RhB bug as you have!

I'm looking to model an interpretation of the line from Chur to Tamins, and incorporating a branch line/reversing loop which will use the Kibri Albula viaduct kit that I brought on Ebay.

I look forward to seeing your progress....
Gizzy

Offline Engiadina

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 07:52:19 AM »
Gizzy,

itīll be a while before i can start on the layout. We are planning a move which may take us to another continent. Until that is "high and dry" I will keep a low profile, just playing around with a temporary set-up.
Cheers!

Ulrich

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £300.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £315.00
Above Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
105% 
January Donations

Advertise Here