!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Class 309 EMU  (Read 407 times)

Offline amsie

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Class 309 EMU
« on: March 09, 2018, 03:48:29 PM »
Some time ago I created a 309 end in OO.  Seeing as I've switched to N gauge, I've been working through my mass of 3D projects and I've managed to salvage as best I can the 309 end.  I've scaled it down and just sent off for a test print along with my 308 end and another little project I've got going. 

The 3D end was printed out in OO years ago and looked good enough to me.  I built a model in OO which can be viewed on my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MczuQDwvoto&t=11s

I've uploaded a couple of renders in N gauge and we shall see what turns up in 10 days time or so.

Paul

Offline martyn

• N Gauge Society Number: 5720
    • Awards
Re: Class 309 EMU
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 04:06:45 PM »
I have wanted a 309 for years, and have always found excuses not to.

Now there's one excuse less..........Best of luck with the print.

Do you think it would be possible to adapt the print to the original curved windscreens?

Martyn

Offline amsie

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 04:20:35 PM »
Cheers Martyn.

It might be possible.  The problem I have is that the original was designed in some ancient software and importing it is not easy.  I've had to import it as a solid which means I've kept the shape but can't easily edit it.  Just taking a quick look at the original end it looks like I should be able to do something.

I'm happy with the shape and general look of the end, the test print is more to check the dimensions.  I don't tend to view my trains through a telescopic camera lens when I run them so a general look will be good enough for me.

Offline amsie

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 11:12:36 AM »
The 3d prints arrived today.  There is a slight bit of a size issue when putting the end against a Farish clear side mk1 but nothing I can't get over with a bit of filing or that I couldn't live with.

I have to decide whether to go down the vinyl route, or finish off the project my making my own coaches.

Hard to tell until the end is painted how it has scaled down. 

« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 11:15:23 AM by amsie »

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £347.00
Above Goal: £292.00
Site Currency: GBP
631% 
December Donations

Advertise Here