!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: RevolutioN Sturgeon  (Read 15165 times)

Offline Skyline2uk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Lets preserve at least one HST.....
    • My home layout thread, Filton TMD
    • Awards
Re: RevolutioN Sturgeon
« Reply #180 on: January 30, 2019, 08:11:29 AM »
These look impressive and I am glad I ordered both types now.

I am also happy to be “in on the ground floor” with these, I wonder which of my orders will arrive first and thus be my first Revolution model  :hmmm:

Skyline2uk

Offline GScaleBruce

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Hillhead & Dales Light Railway blog
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: January 30, 2019, 09:37:07 AM »
Has a decision been made on whether the olive green ones will have TOPS era data panels, please?

If someone can find an olive green example without TOPS panel then we'll consider it but photos are thin on the ground.

Cheers Mike

I only asked because it was queried back in posts #153/154; I'd certainly like them to be TOPS era and was rather spooked by the idea that they might not be after I'd already ordered a triple pack.
Bruce
My layout - Steinheim am Main

Online red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: January 30, 2019, 03:15:52 PM »
I only asked because it was queried back in posts #153/154; I'd certainly like them to be TOPS era and was rather spooked by the idea that they might not be after I'd already ordered a triple pack.

As I said in the reply to the posts that you refer to - almost certainly TOPS coded (Olive green isn't necessarily a TOPS era as such), but as I also said on our website the next step is for us to finalise all the livery artwork.

Cheers Mike

Offline ohlavache

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25956
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: February 19, 2019, 05:33:57 PM »
The pictures of the first samples received look great !
These wagons seem even longer than what I thought. And this triggers some questions since some continental bogie coaches cannot run on my layout.

Will they run over R1 curves ?
What about the space required on each side of the track ?
I also note that the bottom of the wagon is very low. Any risk that it may touch the inner part of Roco (now Fleischmann) switches?

Thanks by advance for your reply.

These locos and wagons are looking for a new home! (updated on 12 May 2019)

Wanted items (only in their original box):
- Union Mills, 3F 0-6-0 steam locomotive in LMS crimson

Online red_death

• Revolution Trains
  • Advertiser
    • DEMU - the society for Diesel & Electric modellers of all scales
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2019, 11:04:48 PM »
They're not as long as Mk3s but the bogies are much more inset than a Mk3. I can't think off the top of my head what impact that will have but our stuff is *generally* designed for minimum R2 curves - that isn't to say that it won't run round tighter but we won't compromise the design to make it.

Sorry no idea about Roco points - if they are overscale then they might touch the bottom. One thing to bear in mind is the wheels on a Sturgeon are tiny so it might not be so low to track as you think.

Cheers Mike

Offline woodbury22uk

• N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2019, 08:38:31 AM »
The shorter bogie centres means that the buffers will stick out more on the outside of curves, but the centre throw of the body on the inside of curves will be less. But if comparing with a Mk3 coach, and continental coaches, they look like they are more tapered below the solebar than a Sturgeon.
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks.

Wondering how many pedants can dance of the head of a pin.

Membre AFAN 0196

Online Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: February 23, 2019, 11:13:49 AM »
Hello all,

For anyone coming to Model Rail Scotland at the SEC in Glasgow this weekend Revolution Trains has EP1 samples of the forthcoming Sturgeon wagon on our stand B22, toward the middle of the hall about three rows back from the entrance.

Thanks to Steve Farmer for running them on his rather nice Lymebrook Yard layout - and reporting that despite their length they handled the 9" hidden curves with ease.

Cheers

Ben A.

Online Graham

• N Gauge Society Number: 20459
  • Modelling modern image
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: February 23, 2019, 12:34:39 PM »
great news,  :claphappy: :claphappy:

Offline Roy L S

• Awards
« Reply #188 on: February 23, 2019, 03:26:31 PM »
Looking fantastic. What an incredible level of detail, even based on an unpainted EP this must be another potential bar-raiser in my humble opinion. Looking forward to my six, just picturing them behind my sound fitted weathered WD.....mmm...

It would be great if in the fullness of time we see other viable compatible PW vehicles (I know the Catfish has been put forward - fab choice). I appreciate that Dapol do a very nice Grampus, but I suspect no further runs of the Dogfish are on Dapol's radar otherwise it would have happened by now (tooling too long in the tooth?).

Similarly the Farish Sealion - beautuful model but I believe I read that it would be too costly to produce at an acceptable RRP now, which just leaves the DJM Mermaid - another beautiful model but no indications of any more being made? (I have four black ones).

Roy

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+88)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: February 23, 2019, 04:41:08 PM »
which just leaves the DJM Mermaid - another beautiful model but no indications of any more being made? (I have four black ones).

@Roy L S
Following the Stafford show I was informed the black and the Dutch liveried Mermaids have not sold in quantities to allow another livery yet. (I have a couple of olive green ones on pre order)
Sorry to interrupt the Sturgeon thread.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: February 23, 2019, 04:46:15 PM »
which just leaves the DJM Mermaid - another beautiful model but no indications of any more being made? (I have four black ones).

@Roy L S
Following the Stafford show I was informed the black and the Dutch liveried Mermaids have not sold in quantities to allow another livery yet. (I have a couple of olive green ones on pre order)

Thank you for this useful interruption. I need to buy at least one DJM black 'Mermaid'. Do Hattons stock them, please?

Offline Thorpe Parva

• N Gauge Society Number: 21786
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: February 23, 2019, 05:19:12 PM »

@Roy L S

Thank you for this useful interruption. I need to buy at least one DJM black 'Mermaid'. Do Hattons stock them, please?

I bought mine from  Hattons but it looks like they now only have Dutch livery in stock. Wonder why they haven't restocked the more popular black version? DJM have a list of stockists on their website or you could email Dave directly.

Offline Snowwolflair

• N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2019, 05:21:56 PM »

@Roy L S

I bought mine from  Hattons but it looks like they now only have Dutch livery in stock. Wonder why they haven't restocked the more popular black version? DJM have a list of stockists on their website or you could email Dave directly.

Batch production, all black now with dealers or sold and wont be rerun for some time.

Online Ben A

• Revolution Trains
  • N Gauge Society Number: 9835
  • NGS VP, Model Rail contributor, Revolution founder
    • Revolution Trains
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2019, 05:44:22 PM »

Hello all,

Can I gently suggest that the appropriate location for discussion of other models is in the relevant thread.

Thanks.

Ben A.

Offline Roy L S

• Awards
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2019, 06:51:47 PM »
I

Hello all,

Can I gently suggest that the appropriate location for discussion of other models is in the relevant thread.

Thanks.

Ben A.

Indeed Ben, only raised on this thread in terms of identifying other PW wagons currently available (or not) to run with the Sturgeons, I didn't expect it to take things quite so far off topic!

Regards

Roy

Please Support Us!
November Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Nov 30
Total Receipts: £345.00
Above Goal: £285.00
Site Currency: GBP
575% 
November Donations

Advertise Here
anything