!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: MDS Modell RhB models  (Read 4814 times)

Online daffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
MDS Modell RhB models
« on: February 20, 2018, 05:39:36 PM »
Had an email from MDS Modell today after I enquiried about direct delivery from them. They will supply direct to U.K. using DHL. Delivery cost will be quoted at time of order, depending on weight and DHL rates.

But my main reason for posting, and starting this thread just about MDS Modell items - away from the clutter of the Kato RhB thread - is the good news about availability and release included in the email, which I quote here:

At the moment both red locos in analaogue are available. The freight cars and the other locos will be available at the end of March.

Best regards

MDS-Modell
Häfnersweg 8
71549 Auenwald
Fon: 07191-9127979
Fax: 07191-9127980
www.mds-modell.eu

I see that Menzels already list one of the red loco as available. Kramm yet to show this. Standard delivery to U.K. from these two sources is currently €14.99 and €13.50 respectively.

Note the link to the manufactures webpages about these new models given above. Prices are same as indicated by the independent retailers I mentioned.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 07:49:30 PM by daffy »
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline Gordon

• Awards
Re: MDS Modell RhB models
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 02:22:27 PM »
On Kramm it subsequently came up as available, so I placed and order, but now the 'information on your order' email  says "on backorder" - so is it really 'in stock'?!  :confusedsign:

G
Sometime Publicity Officer, N Gauge Society

Swiss Railways Consultant
French Railways Consultant
European railway expert

First British N loco (in 1972): Farish GER Holden tank!
Modelling French N gauge since 1975
Modelling Swiss and German N gauge since 1971

Online daffy

• Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 03:15:57 PM »
That's disappointing. :hmmm:  I was considering using Kramm because of their cheaper P&P.

I notice their website has 'Order' instead of 'Reservation' now against the two items but the Status column is blank, whereas it would normally say 'Available' when they have stock in hand.

Hope they can supply you soon. I have no idea yet what MDS themselves charge for delivery exactly as they are slow to respond to email - the last one I sent took over two months to get a response!
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Online daffy

• Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 05:04:05 PM »
Update- even the MDS website is now showing " Lieferzeit ca. 30 Tage", trans. "Delivery approx 30 days" for the two plain red locos.

Small stocks already sold out, or ................ :hmmm:

I'm just going to wait until something from any supplier is crystal clear that they have immediately suppliable stock.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 05:07:34 PM »
Can we not merge this with the long running thread, that existed for this purpose? I know there's been chat about other, broader RhB things lately, but surely that's why there's a thread!?

Wow, never thought I'd actually ask for a thread to be merged on here!  :confused1:

Online daffy

• Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 05:34:17 PM »
Can we not merge this with the long running thread, that existed for this purpose? I know there's been chat about other, broader RhB things lately, but surely that's why there's a thread!?

Wow, never thought I'd actually ask for a thread to be merged on here!  :confused1:

What thread are you referring to? :hmmm:

If it's the Kato RhB thread, it would be wrong to merge with it. I set this one up precisely to differentiate between the Kato and MDS items.

MDS are due to release a lot more over the next month or so, and more thereafter from what they tell me.

Would you recommend merging threads about items from, say, Dapol and Farish, or perhaps all posts relating to DB, or all about SNCF?

If anything, it would be more useful to take any posts in the Kato RhB thread that refer primarily to MDS Modell matters and merge them with this thread.

After all, the Kato RhB thread is already becoming a depository for posts that should be in other threads (say in Layout Planning or Construction et al), which is IMHO making it a confusing and complicated thread.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 05:41:36 PM by daffy, Reason: grammar »
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Online daffy

• Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 06:26:38 PM »
I've had a very fast response from MDS about their delivery cost. For a single loco they say "the shipment cost with DGHL (sic)  is about 15,54€ ".

I found that it was not possible to register on their website to place an order, as they initially suggested I do, as it will only allow a country field to contain 'Deutschland'. I pointed that out and the reply, in the same email, is "Please send us your complete address and I will send you a pre-Payment invoice"

Seems it remains cheaper to buy through Kramm (when they get stock!).

But I'll hold fire on any order for now.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Online njee20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 11:35:28 PM »
I didn’t look for the other thread, didn’t recall it as being about the Kato models specifically, but I guess that’s just because there’s been plenty of talk of the MDS ones as you said. As you were.

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 06:49:33 PM »
I'm in two minds about the two separate threads, because as has been pointed out my original Kato RhB series thread (quite reasonably) has widened out to include 'N Scale RhB' in many forms. I am worried that we will now get similar comments/and or parallel themes on both the MDS and Kato series threads.

The only way to avoid this would be for the regulars (we know who we are!) to self police our contributions and restrict comments on this thread to the existence, availability and design of the MDS stuff only.

European railway expert

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 07:11:36 PM »

I found that it was not possible to register on their website to place an order, as they initially suggested I do, as it will only allow a country field to contain 'Deutschland'.

I think I already recounted this situation on the original Kato thread (!). Subsequently they have sent me an invoice, and have now said they will accept paypal payment from me.

European railway expert

Online daffy

• Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 08:09:00 PM »
I'm in two minds about the two separate threads, because as has been pointed out my original Kato RhB series thread (quite reasonably) has widened out to include 'N Scale RhB' in many forms. I am worried that we will now get similar comments/and or parallel themes on both the MDS and Kato series threads.

The only way to avoid this would be for the regulars (we know who we are!) to self police our contributions and restrict comments on this thread to the existence, availability and design of the MDS stuff only.

If that's what is wanted, fine.

I feel the Kato thread has become too complex. Granted there are few of us posting within it, but it covers many matters that should, if in keeping with other areas of the Forum, be in defined threads of their own. I just felt that keeping all matters MDS in one thread, and all matters solely Kato RhB in another would be the more organised way to go. I don't know just how many themes are ongoing, or have been included, but we have new model items, layout planning and layout construction items, real RhB items, and so forth, all in the Kato thread.

After all, new members, as well as existing ones, would not immediately think to look in a thread entitled "Kato........." for matters relating to MDS, or matters RhB but not Kato. In that way the original thread is getting almost to be a sub-Forum in itself, but unfortunately all in one thread.

But if others feel that is okay, then I will follow the crowd. If that is the case, then maybe the Kato thread should be retitled to reflect its fuller content.

Hopefully the other Swiss and RhB fans here will comment here, even if it seems we are going 'off-topic', but if the result is a consensus for the future, then no matter.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline AlanL

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 03:43:44 PM »
I have been obtaining a lot of the Kato Allegra and other items and changing them to run on 6.5mm track.

Has anyone looked at the ability of doing this with the new MDS products?

If anyone has or has pictures of the mechanisms and bogies please post!

Thank you!

Regards - Alan

Offline Gordon

• Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 11:21:56 PM »
The MDS models are not yet with buyers, as they have only just been released, so we can't say yet - sorry!

European railway expert

Online daffy

• Learning everyday
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2018, 07:59:44 AM »
My only suggestions re these new products would be to contact the makers themselves.

Contact details I have from a recent email reply from one of their team, Gunnar Müller, are:
MDS-Modell
Häfnersweg 8
71549 Auenwald
Fon: 07191-9127979
Fax: 07191-9127980
www.mds-modell.eu

Given that AB Modelle are active in this field with Kato models, maybe, in time, they could become involved with MDS, but who knows. Early days.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 08:03:00 AM by daffy »
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 01:01:00 AM »
Hi folks,

Due to admin error on my behalf, a post made by Metroman was accidentally removed from the Kato Rhaetische Bahn thread. Luckily I copied it and have included it here.

Apologies to all concerned! I do occasionally stuff up, sorry! Here is the post:

If anyone is interested in obtaining any of the MDS Modell RhB bogie wagons, then try Modelbahn Kramm. They have a website in both German and English and they take credit cards. UK shipping is €18.50. You can reserve any of the MDS Modell range through them. No upfront payment required, just reserve and they will email you when the wagons are released. I have reserved three wagons with them. Price is the same as direct from MDS Modell.

Once again please accept my apologies.

George (Bealman)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 02:27:01 AM by Bealman »
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £317.00
Above Goal: £262.00
Site Currency: GBP
576% 
December Donations