!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Baseball !!! Serrwiiiing, batter, batter, batter...  (Read 10363 times)

Online LASteve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 28183
    • Awards
Re: Baseball !!! Serrwiiiing, batter, batter, batter...
« Reply #360 on: March 13, 2020, 05:49:53 AM »

Will be strange not having Bruce Bochy there in charge but am sure Gabe Kapler will fill his shoes well and surely living in San Francisco has got to be better than living in Philadelphia  :)

Cheers weave  :beers:

I got to meet Bruce a few years ago in 2014 at spring training in Phoenix, my co-worker lived next door to him in San Diego and her husband was his general contractor. We had a work event in Phoenix and she got tickets for a few of us to go hang out. Great chap, down-to-earth and so nice. He signed my newly-acquired Giants spring training t-shirt and that year they won the World Series. What a gent. He knew I was a Dodgers fan too!

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Promotion remains in the future
    • Awards
« Reply #361 on: March 13, 2020, 09:13:44 AM »
That's cool.  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #362 on: March 13, 2020, 09:57:54 AM »
Well, looks like we're going to have a prolonged period of thumb twiddling. I suspect that at best we'll get a reduced season starting somewhere around the start of June IF the USA can get some sort of a grip on this, but to be honest I'm not hopeful.

@LASteve Cool about meeting Bruce Bochy.

I was just starting to get excited about the season, Chris Sale appeared to be on the mend and E-Rod was coming along nicely. If Pedroia ever appears in a uniform again I think it'll be a miracle, his knee has had it I reckon, it's gotta be two years now, if it's not fixed by now I don't reckon it'll ever be good enough to play on.

As @weave said the other day, if there's any more Baseball fans on the forum please feel free to join in, we've got a few already and it'd be great to have a few more.

We're not fanatics, or judgemental, I mean we've even got a Giants fan! (Just kiddin' Weave). We just have a few chats and have a vent when some charlie has forgotten where the strike zone is, or when the umpire forgets his glasses.  :veryangry:

Here's hoping we get some sort of a season. Speak to you all soon.

@LASteve keep your head down mate, keep washing those hands and stay safe, best regards to your other half.

:beers:
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £5.00
Below Goal: £55.00
Site Currency: GBP