New Server: Thank you for your patience. We moved to our new server. Everything should be back to normal EXCEPT for the Gallery. We will have that restored shortly and will make an announcement. If you see something that is not working please report it here: Server Upgrade.

!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Baseball !!! Serrwiiiing, batter, batter, batter...  (Read 3693 times)

Offline weave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Baseball !!! Serrwiiiing, batter, batter, batter...
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2018, 12:26:46 PM »
Hi Michael,

To me that sounds like a Little League faux pas so don't worry about it. I would rate myself in contention for some sort of award in the faux pas department over the years.

Won't hijack the baseball thread but thinking of a few of them as I'm writing this is making me laugh. Unfortunately the better half and some ex halves at the time had other opinions on the humour of it all  :doh:

Cheers weave  :beers:

Online emjaybee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: No
  • Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2018, 02:31:10 PM »
The wife said, "Was that you?"

I feigned ignorance until she said "Who else yells 'Grand Slam" in the middle of a party".

::)
Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2018, 03:36:22 PM »
Excellent behaviour as you were coming back from the toilet.

I thought you had just sworn but that's even better  :D.

Can't beat schoolboy humour.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #93 on: July 09, 2018, 11:06:14 AM »
Hi all,

Was getting slightly concerned in the NLW but Sunday eased my nerves a bit with a good win and the others losing.

In this heat and watching these mini highlights just makes me frustrated that I can't just go there  :(. Love it when the ball hits the water. Go PANDA!  :claphappy:......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFeKezYu6PE&feature=onebox

PS. Boston, 62 wins, calm down fellas, you're embarrassing the National League  :D

Online emjaybee

• Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: July 09, 2018, 09:39:41 PM »
Hi fellas,

I'm getting tired of crap...

...Saturday morning, got laptop back  :bounce:

...Saturday evening, one of wife's horses started to colic  :-X

...Sunday evening, unfortunately Monty (the hoss) was put to sleep  :'(

Consequently I'm a bit behind on the 'ball news.

I've just been perusing the weekend scores to try and catch up. Looks like your Giants are staying in touch which is good, I love watching the water-bourne wonders, although you do wonder if they've not got enough going on in their lives.

I'm trying not to get too excited about the ALE as the Yankees still have four games in hand and they're on a double header tonight against the Orioles (sorry @scottmitchell74 ) so that's ominous. I, like most RedSox fans, am all holding my breath and waiting for the kick in the nuts at the end of the rainbow! I've seen too many meteoric crashes from the top to feel confident about our position at the moment.

Now I've got the laptop back hopefully I'll be able to see some more matches.

Keep watching fellas.

:beers:

Online emjaybee

• Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: July 09, 2018, 11:38:12 PM »
C'mon the Orioles!!!

:-X

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #96 on: July 10, 2018, 12:40:42 AM »
Hi Michael,

Sorry to hear about the horse. Very sad. Condolences to your wife, she must be extremely upset. Life can be such a bitch sometimes.

Not much consolation but good win for the Orioles for you and scottmitchell.

Will leave it there,

weave.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 12:42:00 AM by weave »

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #97 on: July 14, 2018, 06:54:13 AM »
Hi all,

Good start for SF against our neighbours Friday night over there. Sorry, neighbors (stupid computer  :D).

Looking at the All Star line up it looks like we are all represented...

http://www.espn.co.uk/mlb/story/_/id/24016221/2018-all-star-game-rosters

I don't really know who anyone is but at least Brandon Crawford is in there for us. Buster Posey was in but not now. Not sure why as says he's injured but was playing an hour ago  ???.

Hope you all have a good Weekend of baseball and generally. Keeps my mind of the World Cup  :(.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 07:06:39 AM by weave »

Offline Chetcombe

• N Gauge Society Number: 21564
    • YouTube
    • Chetcombe on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2018, 09:51:51 PM »
I was in San Francisco last week. My meetings were at a company literally a stones throw from the new baseball stadium - I can't believe how much construction os going on in that area.  The game on Wednesday was at 3.45pm, which clashed with my meetings (but we did get caught in the game day traffic!!!).

One day I will get to a game there!

Offline scottmitchell74

• Trade Count: (+2)
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2018, 09:55:17 PM »
Mike Trout is insane, and Betts missed a LOT of time...but I'm saying that right now Betts is the MVP. He's having a Yaz-type run right now.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Online emjaybee

• Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2018, 11:37:44 PM »
Hi fellas!

Well it's all going on isn't it?

The ASG went into 10! AL won again, but there appeared to be some good play from both sides.

Sale threw a 101.7mph pitch, gotta love that guy.

I think we can officially say that the Orioles are having a rebuilding year with Machado going to the Dodgers. Sorry Weave, I guess you'd rather he went somewhere else. They got five prospects for him! Someone must think he's good.

Aaaand the Orioles are currently NOT the worst team in baseball, lets hope they have a better second half.

I can't believe @Chetcombe was in San Francisco and couldn't make a game, damn bad luck bloke.

I'm still keeping my head down about the RedSox. Lovely though it is, I've been here before and I know how fast you can plummet with injuries, incompetence and complacency!

Online emjaybee

• Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2018, 09:36:10 AM »
Hello all,

It's all been a bit quiet on here of late. I've been manic with work and haven't had time to sit and watch a game of late, but Yankees at Fenway was at 9pm our time last night, so watched an entire game for a change. It was going great with a 4-0 lead going into the top of the ninth and in comes Kimbrel. Two out, and it seemed like a formality. Then before you know it, it's 4-1 bases loaded! He did put away the next batter, but blimey, talk about ramping up the tension.

I see the Giants are still holding mid table, which is okay. They're still in contention Weave.

I also noticed Baltimore giving a few teams a good run for their money, good to see some action there despite everything.

Enjoy the weekend.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2018, 11:33:45 AM »
Hi emjaybee,

You must be on cloud 9  :envy:

Our little group might have a new fan and you may also have a fellow fan in Leon (Westbury Junction). He mentioned watching the Red Sox early this morning. I did say that we are on here so we'll see.

The Giants are plodding on again after last week's nightmare. OK, lost the last 2 in Arizona but won the first one and everyone else lost including the dodgies (GO ASTROS!  :claphappy:).

Fingers crossed for the 9.10 pm (UK) @ D Backs tonight and then the aforementioned Astros at home  :worried:.

I think Pablo Sandoval is out for the rest of the season  :( but they might have been exaggerating, after all he is Kung Fu Panda!

Good to hear from you.

Enjoy your Weekend too.

I'm trying to work out how to make cider slush puppies, oh and do some stuff on the layout as well  :)

Online emjaybee

• Grumpy, and proud.
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2018, 12:04:23 PM »
Hi Weave,

It'd be good to have another baseball fan on here.

I've a small confession to make, well, not so much that as an odd occurrence I suppose.

We're off to Denver in September, travelling up through Yellowstone to Seattle. The original hope was to catch a 'ball game at each end, but Seattle are in Texas when we finish. Hopefully we'll be able to get tickets for the Rockies at the start, but...  ...they're playing the Dodgers. This is where the odd occurrence comes in. We went to see the Diamondbacks in Pheonix and the Rangers in Dallas, and each time they've been playing...  ...yup, you guessed it, the Dodgers. Are they omnipresent, or am I just plagued by the beggars? The hope, in going to catch a game wherever we go, was to try and see as many different teams as possible. Instead I keep running into the Dodgers!

Should I be worried?

Bit of a bugger about the Panda.

P.s. Let me know how the cider slush puppies work out. Been working my way through a large bottle of Sheppies gold medal cider this weekend.

Offline weave

• Awards
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2018, 12:39:46 PM »
Hi again,

Surely that's a good thing. If I was going to a neutral game as such I would support the home team.

Obviously there wont be a score draw in Denver, which I would prefer, so not only can you support the Rockies but you have the added bonus of knowing your friend weave in the UK is supporting them too.

Maybe not depending on the league at the time but I think we've just got the wild card option which is slipping away  :(.

Re. cider slush puppies, the plan is to take a little cider out of a 2 litre plastic bottle, freeze it until nearly frozen and then shake the bejesus out of it. It's not rocket surgery but might work. My attempt at Vodka jelly when I was a student was not good as we put too much vodka in so it wouldn't set. Had fun though...I seem to remember :D

« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 12:41:12 PM by weave »

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £120.00
Above Goal: £65.00
Site Currency: GBP
218% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything