!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Powering and Switching Kato Points  (Read 895 times)

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: Powering and Switching Kato Points
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 08:33:54 PM »
Out of interest, which supply do you use for your 12v?

I use independent supplies for all my points, lights etc. I have a number of separate supplies something like this -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AC-DC-12V-2A-POWER-SUPPLY-ADAPTER-CHARGER-FOR-CAMERA-LED-STRIP-LIGHT-CCTV/253871141500?has
although I picked this one from the list purely at random.

By using the choc blocks, with each point switch wired to the 'out' side, should something go wrong with the wiring for a particular point, only that point is affected. It does make for more wiring, but each point has its own independent wiring that way. Obviously if all points fed from one choc block strip stop working, the fault is with the 'in' side of the choc block strip.

Addit: What I should have referred to, when showing the ebay item, was something like this -
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3V-4-5V-5V-6V-7-5V-9V-12V-2-1A-Universal-AC-DC-Plug-in-Power-Wall-Supply-Adapter/372549950745?hash=item56bdb51d19:m:mcG3RJ95j6SWYLAOoOh2ABQ

By using this type, rather than the first one mentioned, the output can be altered, for example, when running 3v lights or using 9v for some over bright 12v lights.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 09:07:45 PM by dannyboy »
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £60.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £45.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
75% 
December Donations

Advertise Here