!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: CT Elektronic & Coastal DCC  (Read 599 times)

Offline pesky badger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22788
    • Awards
CT Elektronic & Coastal DCC
« on: February 07, 2018, 11:37:46 AM »
Coastal DCC are no longer selling CT Elektronik decoders.  They have had issues dealing with the company so have ceased selling their products - which leaves us....... :censored:

Ok, time to find another decoder that's small enough, and at the right price.

Stu

Offline Delboy

• Awards
Re: CT Elektronic & Coastal DCC
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 12:09:22 PM »
Looks like Digitrains UK still stock CT decoders.

http://www.digitrains.co.uk/manufacturers/ct-electronik.aspx
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Offline longbow

• N Gauge Society Number: Yes
  • 2mm Association Number: Yes
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 01:27:30 PM »
I understand that Coastal's decision to terminate CT sales are down to unresolved issues with faulty decoders. Fortunately there is now an alternative nano decoder, albeit a costly one, in the form of Zimo's new MX616.

Offline pesky badger

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 04:40:39 PM »

Thanks - I looked earlier but only looked at the manufacturers page rather than scroll down to the bottom and 'view products', so I thought the range they did was very limited (and now I know different  :thumbsup: ).

As for the Zimo MX616 - small, but pricey, (and only comes with wires) but still an option.  Maybe Lenz Silver Mini?

Stu

Offline Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 06:01:08 PM »
The owner of CT was the decoder designer for Zimo and when he left the Zimo product improved dramatically.

CT chips are very clever if you can get them to work reliably, which is not very often, particularly the sound chips.

Offline jthjth

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 07:57:39 PM »
The MX616N is 6 pin. Iíve just received one from YouChoos. The price is somewhat off putting at £36, but they say this is what the uk distributors charge. You can get them for as little as Euro 28.50 from Germany, but they are charging Euro 14.90 shipping.

Offline pesky badger

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 09:18:19 PM »
The MX616N is 6 pin. Iíve just received one from YouChoos. The price is somewhat off putting at £36, but they say this is what the uk distributors charge. You can get them for as little as Euro 28.50 from Germany, but they are charging Euro 14.90 shipping.

Ah, ok - I'd only seen the wired version  :thankyousign:

Offline nick_bastable

• 2mm Association Number: 3935
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 11:05:54 PM »

Thanks - I looked earlier but only looked at the manufacturers page rather than scroll down to the bottom and 'view products', so I thought the range they did was very limited (and now I know different  :thumbsup: ).

As for the Zimo MX616 - small, but pricey, (and only comes with wires) but still an option.  Maybe Lenz Silver Mini?

Stu

as I was told at a recent show a shame as CTE  do very interesting things but was informed their after sales was some what lacking  a bugg3r as they make a interesting low motor voltage decoder that I was trying to obtain

Nick
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 11:12:04 PM by nick_bastable »

Offline Izzy

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 11:11:52 AM »

That's a shame. I've had quite a few CT's from Coastal, most of my stock uses them, and although I know others have had problems with them, especially the sound decoders which I don't use in 2mm, I haven't to date, unlike those from Zimo and Lenz, numbers of which have been DOA. Perhaps my experience has just been the reverse of what is the norm.

Luckily I have a few DCX76 wired versions tucked away for planned future needs because even the smaller Zimo's are generally much bigger/thicker than CT's. Then there is of course the matter of what the actual situation is with Zimo and their financial woes as reported before Xmas. I do hope it has been resolved.

Izzy

Offline jthjth

• Awards
Re: CT Elektronic & Coastal DCC now Zimo
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2018, 05:38:57 PM »
Slight bit of thread drift here, but here is a translation of the latest from Zimo about their financial situation

ďThe current status (February 7, 2018): On February 7, 2018, the second and final general meeting took place. The previously submitted "recovery plan" was accepted and confirmed, according to which the creditors receive a "100% quote" (ie all claims are fully met). The legal annulment of the insolvency will take place after the deadline for (rather only theoretically possible) objections towards the end of February 2018.Ē

The original can be found here http://www.zimo.at/web2010/newsitems/Pleitereport.pdf

There is a bit more further down that document, in English, with a bit more background. The English version hasnít quite kept up with the German original.

Offline BR Signalman

• N Gauge Society Number: 20485
  • 2mm Association Number: 5110
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2018, 07:44:14 PM »
I have a couple of locos fitted with CT decoders and they work well, however, I did try a sound one and that was hopeless. The thing kept losing the signal and would keep chugging along, irrespective of the controller! Clean wheels, clean pickups on 6 axles, clean track, made no odds, it had a mind of its own. I have several Zimo sound decoders and, touching wood, they do behave themselves.

Please Support Us!
December Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Dec 31
Total Receipts: £307.00
Above Goal: £252.00
Site Currency: GBP
558% 
December Donations

Advertise Here
anything