!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Tregonning - Layout in a (Largish) case  (Read 29730 times)

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Tregonning - Layout in a (Largish) case
« Reply #480 on: May 30, 2018, 08:20:23 PM »
Thanks Kevin. When I  see your lovely layout in its box on the bed I realise how tiny it is and how much detail you have managed to squeeze into such a miniscule space.   Itís extraordinary.
As for me....Iím back into modelling mood after our guests so I spent a couple of hours this evening starting the final building.
You may remember that I had a mock up of a cottage cum bungalow next to the allotment garden.  It didnít really look right. Too small really for a cottage and too tall for a bungalow.
So....Iíve decided on bungalow. Itís not finished yetbut the basic shell is done. When itís all dry (overnight), Iíll add drainpipes and bargeboards etc. Plus, it is only ďplonkedĒ in its space at the moment.
I think it fits in ok?

I think maybe a water butt and some climbing ivy at the chimney end and perhaps a couple of little window boxes beneath the windows?
If it looks right then it most probably is right.

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #481 on: May 30, 2018, 09:29:44 PM »
Loolking good. :thumbsup:
Just a question, you lot with mini layouts, do you sleep with them or was it by chance that you caught them on the beds? :worried:
 I wouldn't let mine anywhere near my bed. :no:
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=40567.0 125x60 and a bit.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #482 on: May 31, 2018, 03:27:28 PM »
 :hellosign:  :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:
   Glad all is good with Tregonning after storage Martin, the bungalow is looking good already, superb modelling   :thumbsup:
     regards Derek.

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #483 on: May 31, 2018, 06:42:02 PM »
Loolking good. :thumbsup:
Just a question, you lot with mini layouts, do you sleep with them or was it by chance that you caught them on the beds? :worried:
 I wouldn't let mine anywhere near my bed. :no:
Hi Brian.
Itís just that my railway room is the spare bedroom and luckily, Tregonning fits nicely onto one of the sapre beds.
It stows away nicely under the bed when we have guests.

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #484 on: May 31, 2018, 06:53:43 PM »
Quite a nice day here so lots going on including getting ready for 3 days (Friday-Sunday) at a local music festival at nearby Scorrier House. Weíll be walking there and back (about 2 miles each way) every day. Not sure how the trips back in the dark where we have to go through the woods will work after several hours in the beer tent and at the secret gin garden  :beers:.
Anyway, a bit of work on Tregonning today. Iíve added more detail to the little cottage garden bungalow. I still need to tidy it up and Iím not sure about the window boxes :

With the spare room rejigged a bit, photographs are easier and the light better.
So I took this photo of the 15.20 departure for Newquay. Hopefully, the Southern National buses arenít taking too much trade from the railway

If you look carefully, you can just see Tregonning House in the far distance just by the left chimney of the Post Office.
The small building to the left of the PO is the stables run by the postmasterís daughter.
The fruit van, in the short bay siding, is being loaded with local fresh rhubarb for transportation to London later that evening.

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #485 on: May 31, 2018, 08:40:09 PM »
I like the window boxes, different. Be careful you don't disturb the teddy bear's picnic when you go down to the woods. ???
Anyone else remember that song? It used to be played on a Saturday morning children's request program on the Beeb. 65+ years ago
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=40567.0 125x60 and a bit.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #486 on: May 31, 2018, 08:52:08 PM »
I like the window boxes, different. Be careful you don't disturb the teddy bear's picnic when you go down to the woods. ???
Anyone else remember that song? It used to be played on a Saturday morning children's request program on the Beeb. 65+ years ago
Iíll look out for ďBig SurprisesĒ and hopefully if I see anything I will be able to believe my eyes.

Offline Innovationgame

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26531
    • The innovationgame
    • Awards
« Reply #487 on: May 31, 2018, 08:53:04 PM »
The recording was by Henry Hall who, at the time, was head of music at the BBC.  I was told at the time (I wasn't very old then) that it was used to test the accoustics of venues used for music by the BBC.
With kind regards
Laurence
My personal website is a bit of a mish mash: www.innovationgame.com
Coventry Corporation Transport Society: www.cct-society.org.uk
Hessle: www.hessle.org.uk

Offline rogerdB

• N Gauge Society Number: 27380
    • Awards
« Reply #488 on: May 31, 2018, 09:39:48 PM »
The recording was by Henry Hall who, at the time, was head of music at the BBC.  I was told at the time (I wasn't very old then) that it was used to test the accoustics of venues used for music by the BBC.

A copy of the disc - 78 rpm, of course - could be found in most studios many years ago and was used for checking the grams. It was probably chosen because it had, for that time, a wide range of frequencies and was useful for a quick aural check that all was well. Shudder to think how many times I heard it!

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #489 on: June 01, 2018, 09:16:10 AM »
The attention to detail on your layouts is astonishing, Martin. You, and other forum members with mini layouts, knock some exhibition layouts I've seen into a cocked hat.

Offline port perran

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #490 on: June 01, 2018, 10:29:54 AM »
The attention to detail on your layouts is astonishing, Martin. You, and other forum members with mini layouts, knock some exhibition layouts I've seen into a cocked hat.
Thank you Mick.
And the size of some......particularly Phoenixís Windmill Hill wouldalmost fit into said cocked hat.

Offline Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #491 on: June 01, 2018, 02:56:34 PM »
Thanks for the latest two photo. updates, Martin. Really excellent work. The bungalow flower boxes look very good. I'd keep them as they are. I'm not sure about the pieces of white fencing around the water crane though.

The Southern National buses should be timetabled to connect with the local trains and not compete with them. 8-)

I certainly do remember "The Teddy Bears' Picnic" being played on the radio.

Online Phoenix

• Larger Gallery
    • Awards
« Reply #492 on: June 01, 2018, 04:57:24 PM »
Great pictures Martin, all looks so natural  :thumbsup:

I just noticed Mito's comment ...... I'm like you, train room is the spare bedroom. If the layout is not on the bench / dressing table ( which it is not now as I am putting NEM pockets on wagons, and lighting a coach at the moment) the layout is on the bed.

I must find a cocked hat to keep it in instead  :D  ;D  :D

All best wishes
Kevin

:beers:

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #493 on: June 01, 2018, 05:22:30 PM »
 :hellosign:    :greatpicturessign:  Excellent modelling Martin, them window boxes are superbly detailed, I think they should stay. As Chris (IP) says the buses are a connection to the villages with no rail connection & as so look just right.
   Enjoy the music festival & take care through the woods   :beers:
   I remember the song from my childhood, amazing how they seem to go on forever.
     regards Derek.

Offline GreyWolf

• N Gauge Society Number: 27321
  • Wolves are sociable, but may bite if irritated!
    • Awards
« Reply #494 on: June 01, 2018, 11:56:21 PM »
I'm getting very depressed you know!

Here am I bearly started on me first layout and ... I'm like WOW ... and your like ... 'sorted' ... and I'm like 'detail man' ... and your all like ... obvs!

{Ah, hem ... (cough splutter!) ... pull your self together man!}

Seriously such fantastic detail and realism, very very cool and big thanks for sharing these!

Cheers  :beers:

Please Support Us!
September Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Total Receipts: £44.00
Below Goal: £11.00
Site Currency: GBP
80% 
September Donations